No announcement yet.

Broken Instant Status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The instant updates started working without any intervention from me, stayed working for about 2 weeks and then stopped. I tried lots of voodoo this and that, but the thing that has seemed to fix it is to poll the light switches. I've set it to every 15 minutes and that has made it work even when I'm not polling (as in instant update is actually working instantly). I may be able to set it to poll once a day or some longer interval. I'm still not 100% that this is the solution, but it fixed both switches when I did it to them.

I will update again as time passes...

pace

Comment

Originally posted by TC1 View Post
      Did you flash these to 1.20 after you included them into HS? If so, then exclude them, do a factory reset on the dimmer, then re-include it.
      These came with 1.20 on them...

pace

Comment

Originally posted by pace View Post
        I tried lots of voodoo this and that, but the thing that has seemed to fix it is to poll the light switches.

I will update again as time passes...
        That didn't take long at all. Yet another voodoo fix that does not work a second time once the instant status stops working.

Still looking for ideas on the fix for this. All help appreciated!

pace

Comment

Hi guys,

For what it is worth, I was having this issue with a bunch of new DZ6HD's I added recently. After running a "Fully Optimize a Network" all DZ6HD's and other instant status capable devices started reporting immediate status. Interestingly some of the devices are on older firmware, e.g. v 1.17 others are 1.2. but they all reported instant status regardless.

Thanks

Dennis
          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548 (Windows)

Comment

If anyone has any new ideas for how to get instant status to work with a DZ6HD I’m all ears. I’ve tried all of the suggestions in this thread, and still no joy. Running the latest HS4, latest z-wave plug-in SW and the 1.2 FW on the switches. Thanks.

Comment

I opened a trouble ticket on this and will update this thread if I learn something that may be helpful to others. Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X