Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jeffj35290
    replied
    I opened a trouble ticket on this and will update this thread if I learn something that may be helpful to others. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• jeffj35290
    replied
    If anyone has any new ideas for how to get instant status to work with a DZ6HD I’m all ears. I’ve tried all of the suggestions in this thread, and still no joy. Running the latest HS4, latest z-wave plug-in SW and the 1.2 FW on the switches. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• MrWassen
    replied
    Hi guys,

For what it is worth, I was having this issue with a bunch of new DZ6HD's I added recently. After running a "Fully Optimize a Network" all DZ6HD's and other instant status capable devices started reporting immediate status. Interestingly some of the devices are on older firmware, e.g. v 1.17 others are 1.2. but they all reported instant status regardless.

Thanks

Dennis
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548 (Windows)

Leave a comment:

• pace
    replied
    Originally posted by pace View Post
    I tried lots of voodoo this and that, but the thing that has seemed to fix it is to poll the light switches.

I will update again as time passes...
    That didn't take long at all. Yet another voodoo fix that does not work a second time once the instant status stops working.

Still looking for ideas on the fix for this. All help appreciated!

pace

Leave a comment:

• pace
    replied
    Originally posted by TC1 View Post
    Did you flash these to 1.20 after you included them into HS? If so, then exclude them, do a factory reset on the dimmer, then re-include it.
    These came with 1.20 on them...

pace

Leave a comment:

• pace
    replied
    The instant updates started working without any intervention from me, stayed working for about 2 weeks and then stopped. I tried lots of voodoo this and that, but the thing that has seemed to fix it is to poll the light switches. I've set it to every 15 minutes and that has made it work even when I'm not polling (as in instant update is actually working instantly). I may be able to set it to poll once a day or some longer interval. I'm still not 100% that this is the solution, but it fixed both switches when I did it to them.

I will update again as time passes...

pace

Leave a comment:

• TC1
    replied
    Then the Hail command is not supported on that device. As a matter of fact, I just looked up these devices... they are Z-wave Plus. Then they never would have used Hail, they are modern Z-wave devices fully licensed for Instant Status. But apparently there was an issue when they were initially released and instant status was not working, firmware 1.20 solves this.

Did you flash these to 1.20 after you included them into HS? If so, then exclude them, do a factory reset on the dimmer, then re-include it.

If none of the above applies then you should open a ticket with HST support, these devices should be reporting instant status as per the DZ6HD manual.

Leave a comment:

• pace
    replied
    I don't see a group 255 in the list:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-08-29_18-21-42.png
Views:	330
Size:	150.2 KB
ID:	1492442

pace

Leave a comment:

• TC1
    replied
    When you pull down the Association Group list (like I show in my screen cap), what Groups are listed? Is it just Group 1?

The reason I ask is that if Group 255 (the Hail group) is listed and you are presently not getting instant status, then add the Group 255 association to Homeseer to see if that helps.

Leave a comment:

• pace
    replied
    Interesting on the Hail command history.

Here's what my associations looks like on both switches:

Name:	2021-08-29_17-36-50.png
Views:	343
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	1492438

Thanks for the help!
    pace

Leave a comment:

• TC1
    replied
    Originally posted by pace View Post
    Just installed two of these (DZ6HD). Not getting status updates and I am running firmware 1.20 on them. I've seen in other posts that HS4 needs to support a "hail" command that it doesn't. Not sure how to take this farther other than asking HS support if this is true...
    The Hail command existed when companies didn't want to pay Lutron for the instant status licensing fee, but eventually Leviton and Cooper did. Many of these devices used Group Association 255 to implement Hail, but subsequent firmware updates (because of the license) eliminated the need for the Hail.

Below is what happens when I retrieve the Associations from my older Cooper Aspire dimmers that support instant status, notice that Group 255 is listed, but you don't want to use it. Usually all that is required for instant status (for devices that support it) is the Group 1 association to Homerseer.

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	364
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	1492416

What associations do your DZ6HDs list?

Leave a comment:

• pace
    replied
    Just installed two of these (DZ6HD). Not getting status updates and I am running firmware 1.20 on them. I've seen in other posts that HS4 needs to support a "hail" command that it doesn't. Not sure how to take this farther other than asking HS support if this is true...

Leave a comment:

• cd36
    replied
    Originally posted by dev120v View Post
    With the switches Leviton DZ15S-1BZ and the dimmer Leviton DZ6HD-1BZ there is a known issue with firmware before 1.20

So if you dont have firmware 1.20, that could be the issue

I used zflash and homeseer usb zwave+ key. The 1.20 leviton firmware comes with zflash
    Hey thanks for the tip. Both lights are running firmware 1.20.

Leave a comment:

• dev120v
    replied
    With the switches Leviton DZ15S-1BZ and the dimmer Leviton DZ6HD-1BZ there is a known issue with firmware before 1.20

So if you dont have firmware 1.20, that could be the issue

I used zflash and homeseer usb zwave+ key. The 1.20 leviton firmware comes with zflash

Leave a comment:

• TC1
    replied
    Originally posted by cd36 View Post

That is a huge help, not just for this issue, but in general. I only just noticed the "Replace Node" button and I was wondering if it would work to be used like that. I didn't want to reinclude anything and break events doing so. Thank you very much for this!
    You're welcome, the only caveat is that you have to do it in the order specified or things might go haywire.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X