Windows Blinds recommendation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows Blinds recommendation?

Can I get some recommendations for zwave blinds to integrate with HS? I am sure this topic has been done but I would like some current input. I had Hunter Douglas give me a quote but $2,800+ for two windows is a bit much. What does everybody use and recommend?

In February I ordered a Bali blackout roller shade with Autoview from Blinds.com. Autoview is their zwave motor with remote. It paired easily with Homeseer, which saw the blind as a dimmer. The window is 70 inches wide (the max for their motorized shades). Total cost was US $330. It's not silent but the noise is acceptable to me. Also recently got a couple of "Switchbot Curtain" motors with their hub. It's like a little trolley that rides on the curtain rod and pulls the curtain open / closed. It sits behind the curtain so it's not seen. Very quiet too. It's bluetooth, so I have it connected to Alexa. Works great. I think it can be connected to HS via node-red, but I haven't tried this yet. I may get a couple more switchbots, but don't really have a need for more zwave blinds.

Comment

When you ordered the Bali blinds, did you have to get the Mobile App Gateway? Or does it just pair with HS?

Comment

No gateway- they offer a z-wave motor, which paired with HS. I did get a remote, which also pairs with the blind and HS.

Comment

Originally posted by pcgirl65 View Post
          Can I get some recommendations for zwave blinds to integrate with HS? I am sure this topic has been done but I would like some current input. I had Hunter Douglas give me a quote but $2,800+ for two windows is a bit much. What does everybody use and recommend?
          Check out post #13 on this thread https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...torized-blinds

Comment

Kevb how do you like them so far? Over on the other thread, @bills.hancock@gmail.com didn't like the ones he put in. Not sure if he went with the Bali or not.

Comment

I like it, and so does my wife, but this is the only window in my house I'd use it for. (only because of the house setup, not the blinds.) This window is over an exterior door on a stair landing, so it's difficult to reach. The automated blind is extremely convenient. We have it set up with Homeseer (also alexa). We have events to close it with our dinnertime event, and open at other times, it's worked flawlessly since day one. That said, it is a roller shade, and the motor is not silent (we can hear it from other rooms in the house) but it's not a deal breaker for us. I would definitely get more if I needed to. Most of our current blinds are bottom up / top down, and I don't want to automate those.

Comment

If you manual HAVE blinds already, iBlinds are pretty nice. (https://myiblinds.com/) They fit most 2" blinds and pair with HS easily. I have the V2 that are pretty decent, but the V3 are out now and they are fantastic. They are on sale right now ($119). After you've done the first one, the rest take about 15 minutes from start to finish (If you charge them first!) We open and close ours once each day and the battery lasts a little over a month. You can charge them with a cord or get their solar power accessory and never worry about it again. We did have two that would just lose their mind and not work. Tried a few things with iBlinds support (they are really helpful) and then they sent me two replacements. That's probably a year ago and we have had no issues since. SUPER high WAF. She hates closed blinds during the day so she really likes being able to double-tap one switch and have all the downstairs blinds open at once.

Comment

See also this thread https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...torized-blinds

Comment

I'm looking at manual dual roller blinds and wondering if I can automate them with off the shelf tubular motors (zigbee or z-wave). It looks like the blinds are stacked on top of each other, so I guess the actual blinds go down opposite sides. Does anybody know if you can run the motors in opposite directions, i.e reverse the direction of one of them so they could go down together ? Just noodling at the moment !
                    Win 11 Pro | HS4 Pro | Z wave plug in with UZB1 | BLUSBUIRT 2.0.11.0 | RFXtrx433 | Blue Iris CCTV | VU+ 4k with motorised dish | Emby | Hi-Phone HS2 | ESP32 with WLED |

Comment

On second thoughts, if they are stacked vertically, you could fit them in opposite directions. Still noodling
                      Win 11 Pro | HS4 Pro | Z wave plug in with UZB1 | BLUSBUIRT 2.0.11.0 | RFXtrx433 | Blue Iris CCTV | VU+ 4k with motorised dish | Emby | Hi-Phone HS2 | ESP32 with WLED |

Comment

Working...
                      X