Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just changed my Text to Voice audio to the 32 Bit "Hazel" UK Voice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just changed my Text to Voice audio to the 32 Bit "Hazel" UK Voice.

My entire house is now 75% classier.

That is all.

We used to have NeoSpeech Bridget voice. She was hands down everyone's favorite. Classy with a British accent. Unfortunately I lost her when my computer died.

Comment

Originally posted by prsmith777 View Post
      We used to have NeoSpeech Bridget voice. She was hands down everyone's favorite. Classy with a British accent. Unfortunately I lost her when my computer died.
      When someone fails to close the motorized gate, the systems says "Warning! Perimeter not secure!"

I feel like James Bond now.

Comment

Originally posted by Schly View Post

When someone fails to close the motorized gate, the systems says "Warning! Perimeter not secure!"

I feel like James Bond now.
        I have always enjoyed β€œKate” from the Neospeech voices. She’s a knockout!

Comment

Looking to add speech to my HS setup. How are you all handling the speech engine, which one are you using and how do you distribute the audio?
          Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by avpman View Post
            Looking to add speech to my HS setup. How are you all handling the speech engine, which one are you using and how do you distribute the audio?
            Thanks!
            The speech engine is built in, and I bought a Sonos speaker for output on my network. Setup was a little clunky in HS3 but it’s much better in HS4.

Comment

The speech engine is built in, and I bought a Sonos speaker for output on my network. Setup was a little clunky in HS3 but it’s much better in HS4.
              Linux or Windows? I'm using a PI-4 8gb. Not sure if it has enough power for speech? Where do I change the voice? Not looking for a handout . Can you point me to instructions? Thanks!!!

Comment

Linux or Windows? I'm using a PI-4 8gb. Not sure if it has enough power for speech? Where do I change the voice? Not looking for a handout . Can you point me to instructions? Thanks!!!
                I'm on windows, but I don't think it should matter.

Search TTS on this forum. Lots of threads that will help far more than I can.

Comment

I'm on windows, but I don't think it should matter.

Search TTS on this forum. Lots of threads that will help far more than I can.
                  πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Comment

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
                    One thing I just realized. The TTS in HS3/4 by default uses the windows voices, and they only use the 32 bit voice files, so you have to go get those manually (if you want something more than the default voice). Again, I found that information on this forum.

But on Linux, I don't know what voice files it uses. I think there still must be some default voice files in a Linux build. I'm not sure how you'd go about getting files for different voices.

Comment

One thing I just realized. The TTS in HS3/4 by default uses the windows voices, and they only use the 32 bit voice files, so you have to go get those manually (if you want something more than the default voice). Again, I found that information on this forum.

But on Linux, I don't know what voice files it uses. I think there still must be some default voice files in a Linux build. I'm not sure how you'd go about getting files for different voices.
                      Schly Thanks, I'm looking into it. Also, I read here that by using Node-Red I can have HS speak over my Alexa devices. I can even have it narrowed down to specific devices. Not sure yet if I want to go that route. Another level of complexity and dependence on cloud services. Just want to get the basics started to determine if speech is going to be worth the extra effort in the long run. You know, the WAF and all.

Comment

Working...
                      X