Qubino RGBW Controller to 5 Pin LED Strips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Qubino RGBW Controller to 5 Pin LED Strips

I'm sure this is a stupid question, but my google-fu is letting me down and I've only used white LEDs, this is my first time using RGBW strips.

I ordered these LED Strips for my lanai: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The connections are not what I assumed they would be:

Click image for larger version

Name:	LED Strip Leads.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	1474377

The LED's leads are GND, 12v+, Green, Red, Blue. I assumed there would be White (maybe white = R/G/B all on?).

I will be controlling it with a Qubino RGBW Controller: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It does have W in addition to 12v+, GND, R, B, G

I've got all the scripts, events and graphics already set up in HS4/HSTouch to turn on/off/dim/color-change.

There's no support I can find on LEDNET's website, nor any feedback on Amazon. I could experiment with the wiring to see how to make it work right, but I'd rather not do that if I don't have to.

Can anyone here point me in the right direction so I don't short out the strips or controller?

Normally on all RGBW strips I used, they have R G B W and 12V+, never seen one which had 12V Ground and 12V+. So I would think that your GND is probably white.
    Looking at your strip, you might be better contacting your supplier. Normally the outside one is the power, so where your white cable is (GND) would be the 12V+... maybe disconnect the white cable, have 12V+ on the black cable, and R G B connected. See if it lights up red green or blue. If it does your GND will be white. But you could possibly damage the strip so thats probably last resort if you cannot get the supplier to respond...

Comment

I sent an email to the manufacturer in China, but I'm too impatient to wait for a reply and decided to experiment.

If anyone else buys these, mikee123 was correct. The wire labeled GND is the white lead and all the others are labeled correctly.

FWIW, the strips are pretty darn bright, and the Qubino controller handles them just fine. I'll post pics when they are installed in the lanai.

Comment

Working...
      X