No announcement yet.

How to send text messages out of HS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have found the HS4 texting through email to be very reliable. I use it often, and never had an issue. The text is received within seconds.

Comment

I am attempting to setup eMail functionality in HomeSeer with a non-GMail account and can not seem to get it to work as it should. The mail account is good because I can log into it and send and receive messages. In HomeSeer, the POP side seems to work fine because the log will indicate how many emails it found. The SMTP side however, gives and error "Exception sending email via smtp.ionos.com (To:ts@XXXX.com, cc:ts@XXXX.com, bcc:ts@XXXX.com, Sub:ts@XXXX.com, Attach = Authentication failed, see inner exception.". I am using the correct password and the account requires SSL Authentication. I am attaching images of my setup attempt (3) for each section.. Thanks in advance for any help.
      Attached Files

Comment

I am sorry to have bothered the group... I made a stupid mistake and put an incorrect PORT number in for the SMTP server. Once I put the correct on in place and tested it, everything worked as it should.

Comment

Try smtp port 465. Also can you check to see if there are any smtp settings in their email system?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry - was a bit slow hitting send. Glad it is working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X