No announcement yet.

How to send text messages out of HS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have found the HS4 texting through email to be very reliable. I use it often, and never had an issue. The text is received within seconds.

Comment

I am attempting to setup eMail functionality in HomeSeer with a non-GMail account and can not seem to get it to work as it should. The mail account is good because I can log into it and send and receive messages. In HomeSeer, the POP side seems to work fine because the log will indicate how many emails it found. The SMTP side however, gives and error "Exception sending email via smtp.ionos.com (To:ts@XXXX.com, cc:ts@XXXX.com, bcc:ts@XXXX.com, Sub:ts@XXXX.com, Attach = Authentication failed, see inner exception.". I am using the correct password and the account requires SSL Authentication. I am attaching images of my setup attempt (3) for each section.. Thanks in advance for any help.
      Attached Files

Comment

I am sorry to have bothered the group... I made a stupid mistake and put an incorrect PORT number in for the SMTP server. Once I put the correct on in place and tested it, everything worked as it should.

Comment

Try smtp port 465. Also can you check to see if there are any smtp settings in their email system?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry - was a bit slow hitting send. Glad it is working.

Comment

Originally posted by jgreenberg01 View Post
              You can send it via MMS. Proper address syntax depends on carrier:

AT&T: @text.att.net
              Verizon: @vtext.com (or @vzwpix.com for photos and video)
              Sprint: @messaging.sprintpcs.com
              T-Mobile: @tmomail.net
              Google Fi: @msg.fi.google.com

I just used this to test and works great...
              I had to play around with it to get email AND txt going... apparently you cannot have a space in it.

so example...

myemail@gmail.com;32323232323@text.att.net

needed that semi colon and no spaces... works..
              thx

HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post

I just used this to test and works great...
                I had to play around with it to get email AND txt going... apparently you cannot have a space in it.

so example...

myemail@gmail.com;32323232323@text.att.net

needed that semi colon and no spaces... works..
                thx
                so 3:15am, wifes phone goes off...
                txt that alarm was enabled... uhmmm
                log shows it was sent 2am...

WAF -1...

ughhh

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20211124-045132_Chrome.jpg
Views:	463
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	1509770

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post

so 3:15am, wifes phone goes off...
                  txt that alarm was enabled... uhmmm
                  log shows it was sent 2am...

WAF -1...

ughhh

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20211124-045132_Chrome.jpg
Views:	463
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	1509770
                  You should use Pushover. Much more reliable than text messages...
                  Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post

what do i need to install?

I searched and see it used here, but I do not have it in my list...unless nested...

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ul...-notifications

Comment

Its in the updater (search for Pushover).

Then replace the exe in the Homeseer root with this one: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...32#post1435192

You will need to install pushover on your phones (in the respective stores - small $)
                      Jon

Comment

Hello

You can also use McsMqtt, Nodered and Pushbullet

Jean-Francois

Comment

The easiest and quickest solution is Twilio. It is stable, I have never seen it go down, and you will get your message in seconds. Search the HomeSeer plugin store - the plugin is free.

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post

FWIW, and even though I had posted earlier how to send MMS via HS, I have to agree with jon00.

I control my notifications setup via HSTouch and can cycle through none, MMS, Pushover, or both MMS & Pushover for any number of notifications.

When I choose both, the Pushover notifications are received immediately - every time. The same MMS notification, sent at the same time may arrive right away, but sometimes it could show up an hour later.

I'm pretty sure MMS is sometimes routed from FL to NJ to the Moon to Peewee Herman's house before hitting my phones.

Pushover just works!

Comment

Working...
                            X