Need Voice Overview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Voice Overview

I have HomeTroller-SEL PRO running HS4 Pro Edition 4.1.16.0 (Linux)

Need an overview of what my options are for Voice interaction?

1. Can the SEL PRO do VR natively?
    2. In this case is Alexa or a Googleey thing required?
    3. What are the other options?

My house is equipped with Shure Automatic Mic Mixer SCM810 and ceiling PZM Microphones and amplified speaker responder in 5 rooms (works with HAL2000, and before that another VR system >15 years back) It would be nice to know if I could use this, or if I have to put Amazon Alexa pucks around the house, (which my wife doesn't trust).

I cannot find any docs giving me an overview of what I can do and the HW/ SW requirements. Thats pretty lame.

For a quality experience and no training I'd recommend the Alexa/ GH path as it far superior to any native voice recognition HS has built in. Plus if you are on Linux you will definitely want to look at Alexa/GH.
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

Microsoft SAPI TTS / VR is still available or offered with the Windows versions of Homeseer. The Speaker client for TTS / VR still works fine.

Linux TTS works with Linux versions of Homeseer. I have never tested VR in Linux.

Going back to Homeseer 2 many Homeseer 3rd party plugin authors have offered a variety of proxy mechanisms that have worked for TTS.

Today Homeseer has integrated Alexa and Google Home VR which works fine.

Many folks today just utilize Google Home or Amazon Alexa devices and their interaction with Homeseer using either Windows or Linux.

I went a different path here running Homeseer on Linux. I am also running speaker / Microsoft SAPI speech fonts on a lite build running in Oracle Virtual box on the same said Linux computer.

Here are 6 instances of speaker.exe running with 6 different voice fonts on the Homeseer 3 Pro box.

Click image for larger version  Name:	6-SAPI Speech Fonts.jpg Views:	0 Size:	101.3 KB ID:	1475131

Audio out goes to a Russound zoned audio system and today it is mixed with one Amazon Dot for testing TTS.

The only Native OS VR that I know of historically going back for years to the first versions of Microsoft Windows has been Microsoft SAPI TTS / VR.

Here for years have been running Homeseer Touch / speaker on Windows embedded table top tablets. Each run speaker.exe with different voice fonts. Each can do VR through built in microphones on the tablets. These are a closed system to my home network and utilize Homeseer Touch and Speaker dot exe.

- Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.12.X - HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.12.X
      HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 20.04/VB W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono
      HS4 Lite -

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
      X