Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Events in HS4 not repeating

Hello,

On my HS4 HomeTroller (Pi), I created an event to turn light on when motion is detected, and turn lights off after waiting for 15 minutes. The sensor which is used to detect motion is Fibaro FGMS-001. The event works as intended the first time it is triggered. However;

A- If motion is detected again two or three minutes after after the lights are turned off, the event triggers again, but lights remain on only for 2-3 minutes (instead of the 15 minutes in the event).
    B - The lights turn on 2 to 3 times again after "A" happens, and then the lights stop turning on all together. If motion is detected again after a longer delay then, the lights turn on again for 15 minutes followed by condition "A" and "B".

The way the event is creates is quite simple:

IF

First Floor Fibaro Notification Sensor Home Security Sensor changes and becomes Motion Detected

THEN

Set Device:

First Floor Light Switch Light to On

Wait 15 Minutes, 0 Seconds

Set Device:

First Floor Light Switch Light to Off

I would expect that once the event has fully executed and if motion is detected again that the lights will turn on for 15 minutes and only turn off after 15 minutes.

Wondering if there is something wrong in the way I have setup the event, or if it is supposed to be the normal behavior for HomeTroller (Pi)? Alternatively, if there is an issue with the HomeTroller hardware which I have?

I have also tried setting up the event using "delayed action " option, but the results are the same.

Wondering is anyone else has experienced the same and knows what the problem might be?

Thanks in advance.

When the sensor is retriggered, you want to cancel the previously scheduled 'Off' event. There's an event action to do this, 'Cancel a Delayed Device Action'.

Set up your actions like this:

THEN

Set Device:
    First Floor Light Switch Light to On

Remove Delayed Device Actions for: First Floor Light Switch Light

Set Device:
    First Floor Light Switch Light to Off
    after a delay of 15 Minutes, 0 Seconds

This only works to cancel a delayed action, not a Wait.

Comment

Thanks Zwolfpack, I will give it a shot. But I am still wondering why Home Troller is acting the way is does? Why the delay in re-triggering the event and why is the wait time accelerated?

Thanks.

Comment

As is, the lights will always be turned off 15 minutes after motion is detected, whether or not its been retriggered. For example, if motion is detected at t=0 and again at t=5, the lights will be shut off at t=15 (10 minutes after last motion) and again at t=20. You don't want the one at t=15, hence the "remove delayed device action".

Comment

Working...
        X