Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ZEN32 how to control additional buttons on switch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZEN32 how to control additional buttons on switch?

Sorry but I am new to HomeSeer HS4, so I may have some basic questions
    Has anyone been able to control the scene button status or LEDs on the Zooz zen32 switch using and event?

Yes, I've been able to modify the status message with a mini-script in an event (in HS3 with a Zen34).

I found it by searching for scripting info - There might be a better way...

This is what I use :
    &hs.SetDeviceValueByRef(«deviceID», «value», True)

In my HS3 system, it looks like this:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20210530-132901~2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	26.1 KB ID:	1477140

In HS3, you find the reference ID by looking at the Central Scene properties (Modify Node) 'Advanced' tab. I can't tell you about HS4 however.

HTH. I'm not anything like experienced at HS.

Comment

Thanks for the information. I'm going to have to come back to this problem after I finish moving my 30 z-wave devices from Omnipro II to HS4. I have 85 rules to convert to HS4 and learning all the finer points of HS4 events is taking most of my spare time. I'm going to have to wait a little while before jumping into scripts.

Comment

I am a novice here and replacing older Insteon 8 button switches. Can someone tell me in laymen’s terms how I can use the Zen32 to basically control the load with the big switch and toggle the other buttons on/off for other z wave devices? I'm not proficient in writing scripts. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
        X