Vacation Program?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vacation Program?

I am in the process of SLOWLY moving all of my devices from ISY to Homeseer. There is a feature in ISY that I use regularly that allows me to keep a set of programs that only run certain times of the year. One of them is called VACATION: under that folder there are 20 or so devices that run at random times when the VACATION folder is true (set by setting a start date and and end date), When it is not true, the devices work as they should with switches, etc... They are just on to make the house looked 'lived in' while gone.
    The second one is called "CHRISTMAS", and these devices are only used during the holiday season.
    So, is there a way to do something similar in Homeseer? I hate to have to change up programming every time I go on vacation since it is such a intensive set commands that happen at random times.
    I've downloaded EasyTrigger, but I can't find anything in there that allows it either.
    Thank you in advance!

If you have to create events for all of it anyway, you could just enable and disable those events once a year. I do that each Christmas. Takes 2 minutes. Ir you could write them in a way where vacation and Christmas are a trigger. There are lots of ways to skin that cat....

Comment

I am not familiar with ISY but I have 4 modes, home, sleep, away and vacation. I might actually combine away and vacation in the future. In any case, my events take into account what the current status of the house is, i.e. home, sleep, away , vacation. It's a bit of work but I am pretty happy with it. When we are home the security system is disarmed (and it automatically disarms when you enter the right code at the door). When we are away we have lights going on and off automatically, etc. So all of this can be done but it does require some work.

Comment

Just make a counter where

0=normal
        1=vacation
        2=christmas

Then make those events use this counter as a condition. Then you can just change that counter as needed to enable/disable the appropriate events.

Comment

Originally posted by rg65 View Post
          ...They are just on to make the house looked 'lived in' while gone...
          You might find Blade's "Occupancy" plugin useful for vacations.

Comment

Originally posted by avpman View Post

You might find Blade's "Occupancy" plugin useful for vacations.
            I second Blade's plugin.
            I have it setup as an everyday thing if I leave the house to function as if someone is home.
            it is triggered by me being away and by it either being a certain time after sunset when I leave during the day, or it just being after sunset if I leave and it is already dark.
            all functions end when I arrive home or at a certain time before dawn. and will continue to operate until i get home if gone for days.

Comment

Thank you all! I will try all of the options to see what works best.

Comment

Just a suggestion: If you are creating the states Home, Away, Vacation, etc,, then create another state called Manual. On my system, manual indicates for timed events not to run.

Handy for parties or other special events where I do not want the timers to function.

i also have another state "Sleep", which will turn on a bunch of downstairs lights should the downstair motion detectors detect motion.

Comment

I have Virtual Devices for Seasonal items/Holidays. One for Halloween, one for Christmas, etc. This allows me to have overlap, not that I have used that. I also have a House Occupancy Virtual Device with Home/Away/Vacation/Sleeping. Some events take different items into account. I found separating these gave me the most flexibility.
                  Karl S
                  HS4Pro on Windows 10
                  1070 Devices
                  56 Z-Wave Nodes
                  104 Events
                  HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
                  Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

For season items there is a very good Holiday script/Event setup by rpade
                    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows 10 vmware)
                    BLOccupied:,UltraNetCam3:,weatherXML:,RFXCOM:,Current Cost 3P:,UltraGCIR3:
                    DMMQTT:,Kodi:,Z-Wave:,BLRadar:,EasyTrigger:,MySensors:,BLBackup:

Comment

Working...
                    X