Sensative strips - can’t include.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sensative strips - can’t include.

When I try to include a Sensative strip, its wakeup time times out and the include fails with HS3.

Any suggestions from someone who has successfully included these sensors?
    Michael

Have you tried moving the magnet to and from the device to keep it awake? How far away is your device from your Z-Wave interface when adding it?

-Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

I have some of these - they are a beggar to get set up. It's all about getting them into the right mode. Practice and patience until you get the LED flashing correctly. I've had mine a while, when the battery runs out I don't think I'll replace them although I like the hidden profile of them.

Comment

Note : You don't remove the magnets until you are ready to include! (removing the magnets activates them) But if you make a mistake do the below. And they cannot be placed on metal windows and doors. On UPVC doors which include metal can surface mount them.

You put the magnets on a flat surface at least 6 apart and while the system/controller in inclusion mode you lift the strip in direct up right direction away from the magnets. You may need to do the up/down motion in two passes to get them connect. And also you may need to be close or near to the controller.

Eman.
        TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Did anyone include with security?

Rupp, the strips were right next to the Z-Net.
          Michael

Comment

Working...
          X