Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can't find how to add a virtual device or event to Alexa - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
    ....Everything has worked flawlessly ever since.
    Ugh, I JUST did that recently and it was a PITA to get everything back again. ...Did you have to rebuild your groups? .....wait, you didn't delete your devices, just the Skill, yes? I'll try it!

Comment

.... I removed the SmartHome skill from Alexa, and re-added it. The difference was instantaneous. Everything has worked flawlessly ever since.
      Gotta love a brother Canadian! That worked!! My groups are still there! and Alexa just said, "I ran this from Alexa!" OK, so you can disable and re enable a skill without losing what it had previously discovered and the groups created with them. That is GREAT! IT WORKS!!!!

THANK YOU to everyone who responded or sent vibes! Much appreciated!

Comment

For a couple of weeks (until two days ago), Alexa had been becoming less and less reliable; returning with "<device> is not responding" to nearly my every command. I hadn't been adding devices during that period because, well; what would be the point?
        Finally, ready to scrap the whole voice control project, I removed the SmartHome skill from Alexa, and re-added it. The difference was instantaneous. Everything has worked flawlessly ever since.
        Same here. Glad I wasn't the only one.

Comment

Now if I could just get Alexa to send the proper value to a device. Even with a device with values from 1 to 99 (never mind 0 and 100, can't do that properly either), she can't seem to understand that 20 means 20, not 21; and 80 means 80, not 79. Closer to 50, she manages to get it right. With values greater than 100, she simply refuses, with "... "<device> doesn't support that", when it obviously does. I wanted to set up a device to have Alexa, thru IRTrans, change the Cable channel, but it seems to be impossible. Struggled with this for several days before simply giving up.
          Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Greg,

Is this a real device or virtual? The reason I ask is because I had created a virtual device to control my curtain-bots and can slide the level anyway I like on the device page, but when trying to change the value through Alexa,she says she doesn't know how. On the other hand, I control my tv as in have the ability to change the channel using Jon's helper and that works fine. But I'm lazy and just want Alexa to close the curtain so many percent.
            HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Working...
            X