Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matter: Is there a HomeSeer technology roadmap or even a plan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wpiman View Post

Adding an interface to HS is pretty simple. I use the JowiHue plug in for HS fro Zigbee and it works great. Homeseer doesn't need a technology "plan", they need to be flexible to allow users to adopt whatever technology is current to their area. No doubt Matter or whatever new standard pops up will be accessible via a plug in.

And likely via a Node-RED package as well.

+1 for JowiHue and Zigbee.

Comment

Originally posted by upstatemike View Post

Interesting to see what Eric from Inovelli has to say about Z-Wave going forward:

"This brings up the question – why do you sell Z-Wave then?

This is one we’re wrestling with internally – and we’ve landed on the strategy of selling Z-Wave to security companies who require the security that Z-Wave offers and then if the home automation enthusiasts want Z-Wave, they can certainly have them.

However, our focus from a consumer standpoint is going to be ZigBee/CHIP/Matter as that’s where the big dogs are playing and where we can fill more of the gaps in the industry."

I'm amazed that Eric is still active. Innovelli has had it's ups and downs. Interesting take so I assume there will be more Zigbee stuff coming out from them soon.

Comment

Originally posted by George View Post

I'm amazed that Eric is still active. Innovelli has had it's ups and downs. Interesting take so I assume there will be more Zigbee stuff coming out from them soon.
        They appear to be in the process of completing some sort of partnership/merger which will give them the cash to get things rolling again but with some new oversight and likely a less ambitious roadmap. I think Zigbee is going to be their main focus now.

Comment

I wish HS would care more about Zigbee. They don't seem to care much about a pretty major technology. Maybe hire @JowiHue. And integrate Alexa without having to resort to node-red... Zigbee, Alexa, Google, etc are some pretty major things that need to built into HS...

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post
            I wish HS would care more about Zigbee. They don't seem to care much about a pretty major technology. Maybe hire @JowiHue. And integrate Alexa without having to resort to node-red... Zigbee, Alexa, Google, etc are some pretty major things that need to built into HS...
            What do you mean? Alexa and Google are integrated right into Homeseer..... And Homeseer has a native Zigbee plugin.
            HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
            Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
            weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

No announcements through Alexa unless you use stuff like node-red or voice monkey. As for Zigbee there is very limited support for devices which is why I think HS should acquire the JowiHue plugin (or hire him).

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post
                No announcements through Alexa unless you use stuff like node-red or voice monkey. As for Zigbee there is very limited support for devices which is why I think HS should acquire the JowiHue plugin (or hire him).
                I use google home for announcements. Alexa sort of locks it down a bit. Voice monkey requires their servers. Not really a homeseer issue, just Amazon made some choices with alexa that make it a poor solution.

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

Honestly I would not use any solution that depends on a LAN or the Internet for my primary voice announcements. Too many potential points of failure. The Homeseer voice engine combined with good quality voice fonts is one of the things that sets Homeseer apart from the other platforms that all seem to struggle with TTS quality or reliability. I would not be satisfied with any of the TTS option that are currently available with Hubitat, Smartthings, or Home Assistant for example.

Comment

Originally posted by upstatemike View Post
                    Honestly I would not use any solution that depends on a LAN or the Internet for my primary voice announcements. Too many potential points of failure. The Homeseer voice engine combined with good quality voice fonts is one of the things that sets Homeseer apart from the other platforms that all seem to struggle with TTS quality or reliability. I would not be satisfied with any of the TTS option that are currently available with Hubitat, Smartthings, or Home Assistant for example.
                    I am pretty happy with the Chromecast TTS. I use the AT&T voices and have several Google homes. My wifi network is extremely reliable- so I have no issues so long as the power isn't out. They are not all on UPSes.

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

Here is a USB stick, may be a way to get HomeSeer on the Thread map, allowing Thread door locks to be viewed/automated in HomeSeer: http://76.227.212.195/products/corte...m358-usb-stick

Comment

Working...
                      X