Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are all of these files? Dust bunnies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are all of these files? Dust bunnies?

The system I manage has a rather impressively large number of obscurely named files (See screenshot, below.) What are these, where are they coming from, and should they be there? Are they useful or just "Dust Bunnies"?

Rather inconveniently, they have sequentially numbered file extensions.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-06-06 at 02.48.50.png
Views:	168
Size:	480.5 KB
ID:	1478204

Have you tried to open one? You're get 2 a day... the numbering format looks like an .eml or email message.
    check it out with notepad++.
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

What is happening at the time of the time stamps? Any hints in the HS log at those times?
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Working...
      X