New virtual device with Slider doesn't work with Alexa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New virtual device with Slider doesn't work with Alexa

I have created a virtual device with a slider and as a dimmable device which based on its value or changed value triggers a Big 5 event to control my curtain-bot via a restful api. This works perfectly when adjusting it via the web admin. However, I get "I don't know how to set living room curtain to that setting" when invoked via Alexa.
    Any idea what's going on here? Other dimmable devices (real) work. Is this a limitation with virtual devices?

Robert
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Bump. Does anyone have experience with this? Am I missing something?
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

I don't have Big5 or a virtual device, but I do have a curtain-bot, and if I say "Set kitchen curtain to ..." I also get "I don't know how to set kitchen curtain to that setting". I can either open or close the curtain, that's it. Maybe it's an issue with switchbot as opposed to the virtual device. Maybe see if you can setup a switchbot scene and call that through HS?

Comment

It is an issue with Alexa. Apparently works fine with Google home. However, using a virtual slider device along with Big5 and an event on device change ( of the virtual device), I can slide the position of the curtain-bot to anything I like. This is one reason why I'd like to implement this functionality. I figure that I should be able to direct the slider functionality of the virtual device to some percentage like a dimmable light via Alexa and that the event would respond accordingly. So in the end, I'm telling Alexa to change the virtual device and not the curtain-bot itself.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
          I have created a virtual device with a slider and as a dimmable device which based on its value or changed value triggers a Big 5 event to control my curtain-bot via a restful api. This works perfectly when adjusting it via the web admin. However, I get "I don't know how to set living room curtain to that setting" when invoked via Alexa.
          Any idea what's going on here? Other dimmable devices (real) work. Is this a limitation with virtual devices?

Robert
          Does it appear in the Alexa app as a light or a switch? If it's a switch, check Is Light and Is Dimmable in the virtual device configuration page, delete and rediscover.

Comment

I had to switch device as light and with the Alexa app, I can slide the dim level. But it still doesn't work. I see no capi command in the log. Has anyone else tried this with a virtual device?

Comment

Working...
            X