A good weather plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SirCJW View Post
    I agree. But I am also designing the system so that if I pass before my wife or we sell the house I can take the HS4 with me and everything still works if they do not want it. I have the inverter connected to the panel and data systems. The alarm panel using an open frame transformer to get rid of the wall warts, redundant data paths for the alarm system as well as secondary batteries for the system if they want to get rid of the inverter. Hence getting advice from experts like you is truly appreciated.
    What specifically is the blue box in the bottom middle connected to the battery on the left?

Comment

@SirCJW

20 + years ago or so here documented home infrastructure using Visio. Two homes. At the time I was the only family member that could read the documentation.

I home runned everything to the basement. I did install cat5e ports to every room in the house and was not dependant on wireless as I am today not dependant on wireless.

The second home was new and I started by penciling in my stuff over the architectural drawings then editing the new construction drawings to my stuff.

You could utilize the original archectural drawings to your home if you want.

The documentation consisted of logical drawings with labeled hardware connectivity and logic drawings and descriptions and spreadsheets.

I worked for an airline and we were upgrading airport, HQ, reservation offices. The drawings and documentation were used for initial design and post design and support. I used this format for documentation for home except much simplier. IE: before the airline worked for a large bank in Chicago and did the same for the very first networks used for the bank and in build out and upgrading new banks. Say a reservation office in Mexico city with 4K folks came out to over a 100 pages of documentation. It is easy to do this if you are proficient in using MS office tools or Linux office tools today. Personally worked in open sector and private sector and never have seen same granularity. Sometime during my tenure had to audit all of this stuff relative to contracts. Did a python mib walk to every router (500 plus) and switch on the global network.

Here is one drawing from way back when...There were pictures too with labels as to what was what. You could document your stuff section by section

Click image for larger version  Name:	HS-3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	56.5 KB ID:	1479230
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
      X