Electric Meter Monitoring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electric Meter Monitoring?

My electric bill has been high...$300 and no ac. got electric company to replace the meter..

New electric meter...
    anyway to incorporate it???

HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

That meter likely supports Zigbee, but maybe encrypted. If you google it there are SDR radios that are used to read the data. I've never seen a HomeSeer plugin or system.

Our utility uses the same meter and makes detailed data available on their website, I've decided it would be easier to scrape that than go the Zigbee snooping route. I haven't done it yet as it's more "nice to have" data than other priorities.

Good luck if you give it a shot, let us know how it goes.

Comment

See if your utility support the Rainforest Eagle - https://www.rainforestautomation.com/homeowners/. I have the same meter out here in CA and PG&E supports it. A homeseer plugin exists and works very well.

Comment

My electric company provides the ability to directly connect/associate a zigbee hub to my meter, Log into your electric providers web site and see if they offer the same. Sadly, I do not have a zigbee dongle to test.

Comment

Working...
        X