Low Battery Warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low Battery Warning

Is there some generic way to "catch all" devices that proclaim a Low Battery Warning?

Rather than having to set up and constantly administer the list of individual devices, and have an event for each device, I am looking for something that will catch a Low Battery Warning from any device that reports it.

Is that possible?

Look at the free Utility Plugin, SDJ Health; it does what you want.

Comment

This plugin looks very nice.

When it triggers a Low Battery Alert, how would I have it identify the device in an email? is there some type of substitution variable or something like that?

There isn't a lot of documentation about it. Looks pretty hands-off and I found that it has a "Root" device that can trigger an event. But after that I don't see how to identify in a sent email which device is Low Battery.

Comment

Oh, I see that there is documentation in the forum...had no idea it was there because there is no link to it from the plug-in itself. Well, good that there is some documentation.

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleDavid View Post
          Oh, I see that there is documentation in the forum...had no idea it was there because there is no link to it from the plug-in itself. Well, good that there is some documentation.
          There is a whole sub-forum for SDJ-Health including a sticky which has a full pdf guide to the plugin including example events. In case you haven't found the guide the following is a link to the sticky with the guide.
          https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ul...j/104921-guide

I'm sorry there is no link to the guide directly from the plug-in but most people find out about the plug-in from the sub-forum. Remember this is a free plug-in.

SDJ-Health is effectively 3 plug-ins in one so, in addition to Battery device monitoring, you might also want to look at the General Devices monitoring and/or Log Monitoring to help with your other issue, i.e. detecting when a branch circuit breaker has tripped.

It might not suit your needs but I hope this helps.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post
            ....It might not suit your needs but I hope this helps. Steve
            It may not be flashy, but it gets the job done. One of the better utility plug-ins available, free or not.

Comment

Working...
            X