Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to edit a device ID ref #?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to edit a device ID ref #?

The replace function "x.x.x.x/repl" doesn't work for what I need to do. Is it possible to edit the device ref ID? I searched and didn't find anything, though it may be answered somewhere already.

I'm pretty sure it is not editable. AFAIK they aren't even recycled after a device is deleted.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Uncle Michael - THANKS! I'm pretty sure I've seen others say that, but just couldn't find the post. I run BLBACKUP to a USB drive daily and I'm pretty sure it will bring it all back anyway. When my Nest was factory reset it deleted all my Nest devices and broke dozens of events.

As a side comment...I think Nest thermostats charge off the transformer feed, but run off the internal battery and when they get old they go "offline" constantly. They keep running where they were set, but of course HS4 can't get to them to make event driven changes.

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
      X