Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to change house codes for plugins

Hello,

I am moving my homeseer setup to a new machine. In order to keep me from making lots of changes to my scripts I need to find out how to set specifc house codes for the following plug-ins (I need the same house codes that I have on the old machine).

Midon Temp05 (Old Version) - House Code '["
    HomeSeer Napco Interface - House Code '\'
    McSharry Audrey - House Code ']'

Please let me know if you have any ideas on how to make this work.

Thanks!

If you move all of your configuration files to your new machine you shouldn't have to redo any plugins.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp,

Thanks for the quick response. I am trying to clean things up and start fresh, so I do not want to use my existing config files.

Comment

In that case you will want to install each plugin in the order originally installed. The order you show is the desired order. If you have problems then you need to script an enumeration of the devices and change the HC property of the devices for each Interface property that matches the plugin. Dont setup any events until you get your house codes like you want them. I have a VB utility I use to manage the interface property as I move ownership around. It also shows the relationships between HC and interface. If it get to where you need to look then let me know.

Comment

I have already installed the plugins - not in the order above. What is the best way to resolve this based on that information?

Thanks

Comment

write a script to change to HC property of each device to the value desired and look at editing the ini files for the plugins since some of them retain their HC info in that file. mcsAudrey does not rely upon the ini file.

Second choice is to uninstall the plugins and reinstall them in the proper order. Delete the ini file associated with them first so there is no record of a prior install. You will not need to reenter license codes.

Comment

There is no easy way to do this. If the plug-ins use ini files then changing the code is as Michael suggests, use a script to update the device information for devices owned by the plug-ins. However if they use the regsitry (like the W800 plug-in) or other means of keeping track of "their" house code, then you will need to track that down for each plug-in. This is one of many reasons why I do not use device codes in any of my scripts, I use names. Unfortunately that doesn't help with events.

Bill

Comment

This is the utility that I use to manages the interface property. You can use it to view what you have and if you are setup for VB then you can change the replacement field from Interface to HC. It is run simply by running the .exe file from windows.
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X