TextAloud and TTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TextAloud and TTS

How can I use the voices from TextAloud as my TTS voices in Homeseer?

I use AT&T voices from TextAlloud and they work fine. I just installed them normally from the TextAloud CDs and they were then available to select from the Homeseer Speaker Client.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I'm guessing it isn't possible. I bought the Rachel voice and it isn't available in the Homeseer Speaker Client,

Comment

Update, yes the Acapela voices won't work. I found this on the site:

NOTE: These voices are for use with TextAloud and other NextUp.com products only. These are NOT open SAPI voices and they do NOT work in other speech applications.

Comment

Here are SAPI speech fonts offered by NextUp.

AT&T Natural Voices

Here are SAPI Ivona speech fonts offered by NextUp

Ivona SAPI speech fonts

Here is an old list of SAPI speech fonts (not sure how many you can buy these days).

SPEECH SYNTHESIZER PROGRAM

Here have one Oracle Windows VB running just for speech and multiple speech fonts. I have always used the speaker application for my sapi speech fonts and never have proxied speech. Homeseer runs in Linux and talks via speaker.exe running on an Oracle Virtual box. The audio output goes to a whole house audio system. Today it is mixed with an Amazon Dot audio output (well dependant on the cloud). SAPI speech does not depend on the cloud.

This was used in Homeseer 1 way back and it still works fine today. (IE: worked in XP, W7, W8, W10, W2003, W2016 and embedded versions of XP, W7, W8). Personally like the Neospeech fonts the best. Homeseer offered AT&T and Neospeech fonts many many years ago).

My Homeseer Touch tabletop touchscreens (custom) run embedded windows and each do different speech fonts via SAPI. Been running with these over 10 years now (15 tabletops). Speakers are tiny though and a bit tinny. Tabletops have Gb interfaces, Bluetooth, WLAN and have been converted from an EFI (first gen) bios to Seabios (X86). Custom Realtek NIC rom and added a clock with battery to them. (major hardware modifications). Never liked hanging a tablet with a battery on a wall. Never like wireless media (any type).

Click image for larger version  Name:	speech.jpg Views:	0 Size:	56.5 KB ID:	1479999
          Click image for larger version  Name:	speech2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	9.6 KB ID:	1480000
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I use AT&T Audry (UK English). I'm surprised that one is no longer listed.

Comment

I use AT&T's Anajli. It sounds like a real person with an Indian accent
              HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
              Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
              weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

Originally posted by wpiman View Post
                I use AT&T's Anajli. It sounds like a real person with an Indian accent
                I also use Anjali for some announcements. Angali = paging announcements through the phone system via HSPhone. Audry = announcements through the speaker client to a dedicated annuncement amp that is shared with a Stargate and an Elk M1.

Comment

Originally posted by upstatemike View Post

I also use Anjali for some announcements. Angali = paging announcements through the phone system via HSPhone. Audry = announcements through the speaker client to a dedicated annuncement amp that is shared with a Stargate and an Elk M1.
                  My family has taken to calling the whole computer system Anjali...
                  HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
                  Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
                  weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

Can these be purchased to use on the Windows 10 computer that I have my HS setup on? I am not sure how this works?

Comment

As long as the TextAloud has Microsoft SAPI speech fonts included and I believe they do. You do not need to use the TextAloud software. You only need the voice fonts.

You can check the added voice fonts using the control panel speech applet and see them there.

Using Homeseer speaker you can then configure whatever voice font you want that is installed.
                      - Pete

Auto mator
                      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Using Homeseer speaker you can then configure whatever voice font you want that is installed.
                        How do I configure the speaker in homeseer? And if I configure the speaker in hs, am I then able to use other speakers for the voices.

Comment

Speaker.exe is a separate application in the Homeseer directory. You will see the icon for it in your toolbar on Windows 10.

Right click on the icon and restore. The speaker program will be present on your desktop. Go to options and select your voice font then OK and reduce the window. Shut off the voice recognition and speaker phrases in icon balloon options unless you are using them.

If you choose to exit then it will save your settings. Note that speaker auto starts via the Homeseer startup script. (check out the Homeseer startup script. It is the same Homeseer application that was used in Homeseer 2 and 3 and now 4.

You can run multiple instances of speaker with different configurations and voices and call different voices with TTS events.

You can also run speaker dot exe on another Windows computer and have it connect to your Homeseer box if you put in the IP and login info for the Homeseer box. Here run an Oracle Windows Virtual Box with multiple instances of speaker that connects to all my Homeseer boxes (HS3 and HS4).

Note that speaker / SAPI is the main voice output for Homeseer. What you hear on your Homeseer box is the speaker audio output to your computer speakers. There are many 3rd Plugins that use proxies for the speaker program ...for Sonos, Squeezeplayer, Chromecast et al...

Click image for larger version  Name:	HSSpeaker.jpg Views:	0 Size:	74.5 KB ID:	1480864

- Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                          X