I hate the new interface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate the new interface

I cant tell anything. I think all my zwave devices are gone.. but I cant figure anything out with it. I hate it. I really hate it.. I may look for something else... absolute crap

Bye then...

~Bill

Comment

Mwillis post over in the zwave forum with some specifics of the devices you can't see or are no longer in HS4, also include the interface or hub you are using .

Zwave can be pesky interface

Comment

Bill Brower Not helpful
        Mwillis I feel your frustration. I have lost all of my z-wave devices and events. Having said that, please provide more information because based on what you have provided we can't really help. There are files that contain z-wave device and event information and they can get corrupted. There might be ways to recover them if that is what you are experiencing.

Comment

I was able to get them back up and going.. I still hate the new interface.

Comment

You could always do what many have done on the forum, stay on hs3 and hope hst sees the light and does some improvements…..
            HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows 10 vmware)
            BLOccupied:,UltraNetCam3:,weatherXML:,RFXCOM:,Current Cost 3P:,UltraGCIR3:
            DMMQTT:,Kodi:,Z-Wave:,BLRadar:,EasyTrigger:,MySensors:,BLBackup:

Comment

Originally posted by dmurphy View Post
              You could always do what many have done on the forum, stay on hs3 and hope hst sees the light and does some improvements…..
              Or like many others of us, you can run HS4 as you can still have access to the HS3 style web pages when you need them, use Jon00 links to set up easy access to the old pages.

I’m no big fan of the HS4 style interface but I have been running it for many months now. Everything, including my legacy plug-ins, still work fine so it is no issue. There are even some things that work better. It still needs a lot of improvement and bug fixes which seems to be going slow. I swap about between old and new web pages when configuring the system, adding and modifying automation, etc.

My day to day monitoring and, occasional, control is all through custom designed HSTouch projects which are unaffected by the change from HS3 to HS4. So, WAF is unaffected.

I’m not saying don’t keep the pressure on HS to improve the interface but I wouldn’t expect any major u turn in direction.

Just my 2p.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post

Or like many others of us, you can run HS4 as you can still have access to the HS3 style web pages when you need them, use Jon00 links to set up easy access to the old pages.

I’m no big fan of the HS4 style interface but I have been running it for many months now. Everything, including my legacy plug-ins, still work fine so it is no issue. There are even some things that work better. It still needs a lot of improvement and bug fixes which seems to be going slow. I swap about between old and new web pages when configuring the system, adding and modifying automation, etc.

My day to day monitoring and, occasional, control is all through custom designed HSTouch projects which are unaffected by the change from HS3 to HS4. So, WAF is unaffected.

I’m not saying don’t keep the pressure on HS to improve the interface but I wouldn’t expect any major u turn in direction.

Just my 2p.

Steve
                I was on HS3 for not very long when I first got into HS. I switched to HS4 as soon as it was available so I had no allegiance or attachment to the HS3 interface. But honestly, I think they didn't serve me well with the HS4 interface. The underutilization of screen real estate is bothersome when you have even a modest amount of devices. I understand the focus for much of the changes to the UI was to make it more mobile-friendly. IMHO, they should have improved the HS mobile interface and left the screen interface mostly alone. I mean really, who wants to create events and do setup on a phone screen??? I find myself almost always using the legacy HS3 screens for almost all of my work. Just my $.02

Comment

SteveMSJ Can you provide an example of what works better? I'm still holding out and staying with my perfectly running HS3. I will likely not move to HS4 until I retire this time next year. Hopefully more issues are resolved by then including the UI.
                  HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                    SteveMSJ Can you provide an example of what works better? I'm still holding out and staying with my perfectly running HS3. I will likely not move to HS4 until I retire this time next year. Hopefully more issues are resolved by then including the UI.
                    OK, I'll try off the top of my head:
                    • Main one, Web Hook to Node Red making easy integration. This is the only one that outweighs any of the HS4 disadvantages and means I wouldn't go back to HS3.
                    • In place editing of values and text rather than pop up boxes. Pop up boxes are the main thing that annoy me about the HS3 interface. However, this change no way make up for the wasted screen space and other convoluted clicking around to select devices etc when configuring events using the HS4 interface.
                    • On very very rare occasions when I am bored, away from home, and with no access to any technology other than my phone, I might access the HS4 interface on my phone to experiment with some configuration change, which is easier with the HS4 interface. However, this would have been so far down my list of priorities everything else would need to be perfect before I considered it a real benefit.
                    • I actually like the way in Grid View when you click on the features line at the top of the tile you get a vertical scrolling view of the Status Texts of the features. It doesn't suit all types of devices but it happens to work really well for some things, e.g. my SDJ-Health plug-in. Of course like most things HS4 there is a longstanding bug, which many of us have submitted tickets for, whereby features marked as hidden still show in this list!
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Health.JPG
Views:	303
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	1480598

There are others, but I can't recall them off hand.

Steve

Comment

OK, I'll try off the top of my head:
                      • ...Mobile away from home, which is easier with the HS4 interface. However, this would have been so far down my list of priorities everything else would need to be perfect before I considered it a real benefit.

Steve
                      Agreed, I think they totally got the priorities of the list of 'improvements' wrong.

Comment

Just my 2p.

Steve
                        could you provide a link to this please. thank you

Comment

[QUOTE=mulu;n1480551]Bill Brower Not helpful

mulu Post in General Discussion, HS version not listed, vague details - also not helpful. Just sayin'

~Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Mwillis View Post

could you provide a link to this please. thank you
                            You can just type in the page addresses in the address bar but jon00 links is more convenient and well worth using.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/3r...for-homeseer-4

Steve

Comment

The worst part about the interface, for me, is that creating an event is a nightmare. The postbacks and refreshes are infuriating.
                              HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                              54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                              Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Working...
                              X