HomeSeer web page and Flash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HomeSeer web page and Flash

The new HomeSeer web page (www.homeseer.com) uses Flash for navigation. As far as I can tell, there is just about no way to get anywhere if you do not have the Flash plugin installed. Certainly, there is no main menu without it.

I really think it would be a good idea to have another way to navigate. There are a number of people who don't like to install plugins (even ones that are as rampantly used as Flash). You are cutting those people off from finding out more about HomeSeer. And from finding the forums, etc.

Does the main menu need to be Flash, anyway?

By the way, I do think that it looks pretty good.

Flash use

I have to agree on the use of Flash. If the page requires it, then it shuts me off.

Don't need the fancy stuff. Just plain and simple that WORKS.

Comment

Comment

I rarely raise my voice...

I HATE THE FLASH PLUGINs. UNDERSCORE: HATE.
        I won't use them.

I don't like having to download it whatever PC I'm using.

MOREOVER, I hate the spam and advertising from them, and the almost weekly "you need a newer version" B.S. so they can requalify you for more email spam-ads.

Clarification to follow.

Comment

I'll chime in here as well. My work place has disable/prohibited the use of flash on any machines. They now rip out any flash based content. So all I see is a shell of a web page.

I'll mention this yet again as well. The search function on the HS help page is broken as well.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
          X