FANTASTIC Deal on a Wireless Mic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FANTASTIC Deal on a Wireless Mic

Just ran across this. It is a wireless Mic headset, receiver, adapters and case for $9.95!

Check it out at ComputerGeeks
    Would be great for doing a home walkthrough demonstration, or as a mic in another room to control HS without wires ect.....
    Visit My Home Seer Site at:
    www.JohnWPB.com
    Created with LCARS

Originally posted by johnwpb
    ...doing a home walkthrough demonstration
    Come on now John. Someone is going to think your a geek walking around with a head phone on.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Your right... we cant have that now can we!

I was also looking at the fact that the x-mitter has a standard 1/8" jack. Therefore any mic should work with it. I got one to try to use it with the PA-3 Mic, I know its amplified, line out, but the x-mitter looks like it has adjustments on it to crank it down. For $10 I'll definately give it a try! This would turn it into an entire room mic, thats wireless! NOW I bet you have some wheels spinning!
      Last edited by johnwpb; December 28, 2004, 10:40 PM.
      www.JohnWPB.com
      Created with LCARS

Comment

That is real similar to what I bought on eBay. They actually work quite well!

Only issue I see is the ones I bought off eBay work on different channels as most wireless mics do.

So:
        If they run on the same freq, great, you only need to plug one receiver into your PC.

If they run different freqs, you will need to use multiple receivers, therefore needing a mic mixer of some sort.

But like I said, these things do work well and they has decent inside the house range.

~Bill

Comment

gee, this is cool. I love the wireless stuff. I went to order one, but the shipping to Canada is another $14 so isn't such a deal. I hate it when they rip you for shipping!

Comment

Cool.

I usually am the last to know on these deals and I usually get the sold out email. However, I jumped in and bought 3. So far no out of stock emails.

I have been waiting for a cheap wireless mic so I hope this fits my needs.

Good call John, Also John and I in South Florida hope everyone stays warm this Holiday Season.

Dave

Comment

I just got the mic yesterday, and had the chance to hook it up today. WoW! The audio quality is REALLY great! FAR better than I immagined for the price! A standard mic plugged into the PC, has a lot of hiss, and is extremely low quality when compared to this mic. I ran all over the house with it and it picked up very well, and was able to control HS from all the rooms.

I am going to order a few more now, and have one in each room, saving me from buying a mixer and running wires all over the place. They operate on one frequency, so as mentioned above, only one receiver is needed. The transmitter has a standard 1/8" jack for input, so you can plug in any mic that you want to use.

The package comes with the transmitter, receiver, adapter from 1/4" to 1/8", a headset mic AND a second lapel mic, plus the batteries. NOT a bad deal for $10!

I will now visit the shack and purchase a couple wallwarts to run the transmitters and receivers off of DC. Then I can plug those into an appliance module, and control what room is listening. I had no intent on wearing this thing around the house I will just wire one up in each of the main rooms that I want to control HS from.

I have yet to test it with the PA-3 mic's as, by bad coincedance, the wallwart I was using to power it died yesterday! It should be no problem, even though it is line impedance, as there is a volume control on the transmitter so you can crank it down.

dcjohnston, As for everyone up north staying warm, what about us!?! It is supposed to plummit down to 63 Degrees tonight!
              Last edited by johnwpb; December 28, 2004, 10:41 PM.
              www.JohnWPB.com
              Created with LCARS

Comment

Really great news

After buying three of them without doing any spec, I am glad it has received a good review from you. I cant wait till mine arrive. In doing VR I was always turned off by the expense of a wireless solution.

Now let us know about the use of the Wallwarts for power. I was wondering if they would cause some sort of noise on the line from the AC. The only fear I have is that noise would keep the mics from performing.

Either way I am ready to hook up my system. Thanks for the heads up on this johnwpb .

Oh and stay warm, Last night on the beach the temps were down in the 70s.

Merry Christmas

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by johnwpb
                  They operate on one frequency, so as mentioned above, only one receiver is needed.
                  That's a great idea, but keep in mind that, unless the mike has VOX, only one mike can be transmitting at a time. You could switch them with appliance modules if you power them with wall-warts.

Comment

So John are you going to lay one mic down as you leave a room and pick another up when entering another room? How do envision using several of these? I would think that one was enough?

Comment

cough cough..geek....cough.

Comment

You guys dont get it...

We are going to attach desktop mics to the input, So the mics will be on a shelf in each room or where ever you want it. No picking up and pinning of any kind. The motion sensor will turn on the power and the mic will be turned on ready to broadcast our demands.

geek alert--------Professor Frink voice....
                        Ahem, This way my computer will truly be my best friend, ahoy, therefore removing the need to interact socially outside of my created inner santum. Just like the Star Trek enterprise. With the talkin and the commanding, Clavin.

OK last Christmas post. I have to get back to the festivities.....

Thanks for a great year and Rupp et al, once again thanks for being a primary force in helping the tech challenged.

Comment

So will a regular desktop Mic work connected to the transmitter?

Comment

Wireless mic's whole house audio

Sounds like you caught a nasty cold on the slopes Skibum

Rupp:
                            So will a regular desktop Mic work connected to the transmitter?
                            Answer:

JohnWPB Wrote:
                            I was also looking at the fact that the x-mitter has a standard 1/8" jack. Therefore any mic should work with it.
                            (And it does, I tested it already)

Rupp:
                            So John are you going to lay one mic down as you leave a room and pick another up when entering another room?
                            Answer:

JohnWPB Wrote:
                            I had no intent on wearing this thing around the house I will just wire one up in each of the main rooms that I want to control HS from.
                            My plan is to use a whole room mic, plugged into the transmitter, as mentioned in my last post above. I have yet to try the PCM mic, due to the wallwart dying a couple days ago, but it should work with no problem with the transmitter.

I already hid one mic in a plant in the living room, and have had good results just using the mic that came with the package within about 10 feet. But that was just a test, and I will switch the mic that came with it with a better quality "whole room" mic.

I am going to mic each room, using the same mic's that one would normally use for a wired mic system. The only difference is that I plan on using the wireless transmitters and receiver instead of running the wires.

This will allow each room to be mic'd, no mixer needed and no running wires all over the place. (And no picking up the mic in each room to speak to the system!) I will just use appliances modules and a small script to activate the mic in the particular room, that I want to speak to the system from, and have it shut off the other mics.

I will place all of the appliances modules on say, house code "M".
                            then a simple 2 liner to activate the mic in a particular room:
                            hs.execX10 "M2+3+4+5+6","OFF" ' turn off ALL mic's
                            hs.execX10 "M2","ON" ' Turn on listening in the living room

Of course I will make the script a bit smarter to tell what mic is on already on, and send commands appropriately.

A palm pad or sticky switch will need to be pressed so HS knows what room you are actually in. Motion sensors are not good, as there is movement in many of the rooms all at the same time. This will also allow the script to speak all voice responses to that room using the Message Server plugin. I have a computer in each of the 3 bedrooms, one in the living room, and one in the kitchen, so the audio actually comes out of one of these computers, and no whole house speaker system is required. The garage downstairs has a wireless set of speakers connected to the one in the living room, so audio from HS can be heard in the garage as well.
                            www.JohnWPB.com
                            Created with LCARS

Comment

Bought two based on JohnWPB initial comments. I recently had a script that was looking for a voice command and since I don't have a microphone hooked up, couldn't cancel the script which locked HS up. Had to shutdown HS and relaunch. With the wireless, won't have that problem during testing. Other than that, no practical use in mind

Comment

Working...
                              X