phase problem not solved by coupler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

phase problem not solved by coupler

I have an appliance module on one leg of a 220 sub-panel for my hot tub. I can't control this module with my CM11A from anywhere on the opposite leg of my main panel which points to a phase problem. I purchased the smarthome dryer plug-in phase coupler but its still not working. Is the passive phase coupler that wires right into the panel going to work any better than the one I have? Or should I look elsewhere for problems?

thanks,
    dan

more troubleshooting revealed the problem was related to noise. The phase coupler DOES work, but I'm still getting some noise from computers and stereo receivers. I'll get some noise filters tomorrow.

BTW - does anyone know how to delete a post? I edited the post but didnt' see anywhere to delete it completely.

Comment

Dan,
      I wouldn't expect too much from a plugin coupler. They simply do not work as good a one located in the circuit panel.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

well the plugin coupler I bought *does* work, but if what you say is true maybe I should return the plug-in and get a hardwired one when I go to the store tomorrow to get a filter or 2. It's $10 cheaper anyway.

thanks,
        dan

Comment

Dan- I had a related 220V noise problem with my Jenn Air oven. I had problems in separate rooms at wierd times, and it ended up being whenever the stupid oven was on.

I put a 0.fmf capacitor (240v ac or 600v dc) across the 220 in a junction box on the way to the panel. That stopped that particular problem. Digi-key sells them.

Part number P4603, 800-344-4539. I think I bought 5 of them because the shipping was as much as the part. Maybe a local electonic supplier has them.

Another technique is to put 2 TW523s at your panel, one on each phase. join them with a phone splitter. Basically pipe the signal down both phases full strength. I don't see why that wont work for a CM11A

Paul
          Paul

Comment

Get a coupler/REPEATER!

That should overcome by brute force most minor noise issues.

Leviton HCA-02

Comment

Working...
            X