Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leviton System Amplifier/Repeater gone bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leviton System Amplifier/Repeater gone bad?

Has anyone ever seen a Leviton System Amplifier/Repeater go bad? I noticed that the outlet my Christmas tree is plugged into stopped responding to the X10 signal. I immediately suspeceted the Radio Shack lamp module (sorry about RS) but tested it on another outlet and ruled that out.

Further investigation found that the green light on the Leviton Repeater was out and nothing on the Red. The test button did nothing and I even checked out all the wire nuts. The circuit breakers seem fine, so, that only brings me to the possibility of a dead Leviton Repeater. I got it from Worthington about 2 1/2 years ago (and yes it has a 2 year warrannty).

Anyone have any suggestion for what might be wrong? Perhaps Santa will bring me a new one.

I've never heard of it happening before, but that doesn't mean it cannot. Logically, ANYTHING can break eventually. Sounds like you are just on the wrong end of the life expectancy curve. Have you had any electrical surges recently?
    My system is described in my profile.

Comment

Joe,

Have you had a power failure lately? The leviton repeaters sometimes freak out when power goes out and both legs go back active at the same time. Try turning off both breakers that feed the repeater and turn on each leg one at a time. If it doesn't work turn it back off and turn on the legs in the opposite order. If it's still dead then you have a real dead unit.

Comment

Dead Leviton Repeater

We do get power failures on a regular basis. I tried your reset approach, but that did not work... Guess I will just call it bad luck and go buy a new one.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X