Getting ASP pages to display?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting ASP pages to display?

Forgive me if I am missing something basic here, but I have downloaded a couple of asp pages I would like to incorporate into my HS webpage. How do I get them to show up in the list of links at the top of the status page?

They are in the HS\html folder. Now what?

Mike

Mike,
    Asp pages are web pages. So to be able to get them to display you need a hyperlinc just like you would for any other web page. There are a couple of ways to get them added to the top of the status page. You can add them to a file named links.htm or there's a linksedit.asp that will allow you to add extra links to the built in status page. I'll attach the linksedit.asp for you to try.
    Attached Files
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks, Rupp. I appreciate all your help.

Merry Christmas to you!

Mike

Comment

BTW, is it normal for my installation to have neither of these files you mentioned?

Mike

Comment

Yes it's normal. The links.htm is a file that if present is used rather than the links in the web setup. The other asp file was developed by someone on the BB to take advantage of new functionality added to HS over the last year or so.

Comment

Ok, still struggling a bit here. After I put linksedit.asp into my Homeseer/html folder, then what? I checked the webpage view after a restart and nothing new there. I may fumble through some programming using the links.asp method.

Mike

Comment

Mike,
              ASP pages are just like HTML pages they have to be run in a browser. On your hs machine try http://localhost/linksedit.asp

Comment

Got it. Thanks, Rupp.

I was under the mistaken impression that HS was going to include that asp as part of its "startup" in the web server.

All is working now...who knows what I will come up with!

Merry Christmas to all, and I hope this thread helps others.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp
                  Mike,
                  ASP pages are just like HTML pages they have to be run in a browser. On your hs machine try http://localhost/linksedit.asp
                  Dear rupp

i have used this asp buti dont have the files style.asp, misc_function.asp etc i guess these are the files containing the menu info etc could you help me further cheers

Comment

Supergee,
                    These files are part of the includes that are available in the hs updater.
                    Select help > Updates from the HS GUI

Comment

Sorry

Cheers rupp for your help got it to work in the end appologies for not replying to your last got side tracked.

Cheers supergee

Comment

No worries supergee. We really do not expect thanks on the BB but when we get one it's nice. Thanks and I'm gad you got it working.

Comment

Working...
                        X