Can't get Cooper RFWDC to add to HS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't get Cooper RFWDC to add to HS4

I've got a strange problem. I have a Cooper RFWDC 5 Zwave button scene controller that was given to me, and i can't get it to add to homeseer.

is there a trick to these?

I've held down buttons 1, 3 and 5 for a few seconds and pressed the all off to "reset it" ive also tried removing it then adding it.

the error i get when i try to add it is
    "Include process FAILED for an unknown reason. Please try again"

i have also noticed that the homeseer pc makes the USB disconnect sound when it fails. i am using the homeseer smartstick+ as my interface.

what am i doing wrong here

thanks
    Raptor
    HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
    53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
    https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Do you have this document? : https://fccid.io/UH2-RFWDC/User-Manu...ual-779928.pdf

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

i do, thanks. it seems to have upset my whole zwave network now.
      53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Comment

I had a heck of a time getting mine working. I think I added it through the Zwave Plugin as a "nonsecure" device (not sure how it's worded). That created a root device and 5 child devices, one for each button. I do not have a load on the "on-off" button. Then, after reading a bunch of other posts, I did this- In HS4 Zwave plugin, I selected Scene Management. I created scenes 1 - 5, but did not assign any devices to them. Then I used the older HS3 device interface of HSipaddress/deviceutility This let me access the Zwave tab for each button (Child device / Feature), which I could not do with the HS4 interface. Under zwave/Settings/Manage ZWave Scenes, I assigned button 1 to scene 1, 2 to 2, etc. Now when the buttons are pressed, each respective Scene is turned On. I used the "Scene On" to trigger an event, and have the event also turn the scene Off so that it can fire again. I don't really need more than 5, so this worked for me. I had the controller left over from an earlier Vera setup, and it was nice to finally get it working again with HS4 (never tried with HS3). Hope this helps.

Comment

thanks KevB, tried that and wasn't able to make it work with the SmartStick+, however it did work with the Nortek Combo stick. no clue why

Comment

Since upgrading to HS4 with a Z-Net G3 interface (running under HS Z-Wave plugin version 4.1.0.2 Beta to resolve other compatibility issues), I cannot locate the "Manage Z-Wave Scenes" button (which HS3 provides) to configure Cooper Aspire RFWDC keypad buttons as Scenes 1 thru 5 to "Always send an ON" to HomeSeer. The RFWDC scene controller does nothing useful without out the associations first being added using "Manage Z-Wave Scenes" configuration step.

There's no issue detecting and including the RFWDC Z-Wave device, with its Root Device and five Scene buttons all being created and appearing as HS4 Devices. I just need a way to integrate scene control and status with HS4.

I've attached a screen shot made in HS3 which provided this functionality for Cooper Aspire RFWDC Five Button Scene Controllers.

Reading thru these posts cause me to feel there's a bastardized means of using HS3 to configure a RFWDC for use in HS4, but it leaves me confused!

Dan the LAN Man
            "It's always something!"
            Attached Files

Comment

Just in case some of you never run across this video. This is a how to programming guide for this device back when it was HS3 The concept is basically the same just have to muddle through the new screens etc... It is a real bear to get working but it is possible with HS4... I've yet to see a really good button only option, the zooz zen32 is about the best I've found so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxXXf9IQgQI

Comment

I purchased four of these scene controllers a while back with the hopes of triggering events from one of the 5 buttons. Many hours spent trying to get them to work with limited success. I was able to get a few buttons to trigger events based on "scene on/off" but it was very inconsistent. Those events now no longer run and the scene status for triggering an event seems not available with HS4 and the newest Z-wave. Are these switches useless now or is there a way to trigger an event based on a button press?

Comment

I have fifteen RFWC5 5 scene controllers (the same type of controller as the RFWDC as far as I can tell). And I would love to know how to use them with HS4.
                  I too have tried and tried, and even asked Homeseer support, but I still have not been able to make these work with HS4. 😔
                  Why is it so hard to get this controller to work with HS4???

Comment

Based on what I've read here and in other forums, this is because zwave has deprecated scenes. This is outside of Homeseer's control. People with other systems are also having the same problems. I believe this is because most zwave users now have hubs with automation, rendering scenes and remote scene controllers (not Central Scene controllers) obsolete. I still have one cooper, but will replace it soon with a zooz. I am still on the 3.xxx zwave plugin. The 4.xxx version cannot deal with scenes.
                    Again, this is just what I have read.

Comment

Working...
                    X