Viewing Event Conditions and Actions??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viewing Event Conditions and Actions??

Newbie question, How do you show both the Event Conditions and Actions using HS4? Just now setting up hometroller plus, have added one z-wave device, added an Event but I have to toggle between the Edit Group conditions and Edit Group Actions....how can I see both on the screen?

Greetings and welcome dlnoki,

What I do is open a second web page that I then use for reference, like so.
    You may have to occasionally refresh the page that you are not actively working on.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2021-08-11_15-52-34.png
Views:	112
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	1488786
    Roger D

Comment

Originally posted by dlnoki View Post
      Newbie question, How do you show both the Event Conditions and Actions using HS4? Just now setting up hometroller plus, have added one z-wave device, added an Event but I have to toggle between the Edit Group conditions and Edit Group Actions....how can I see both on the screen?
      Just checking that you are actually referring to seeing Group Actions and Conditions, rather than the Conditions and Actions of an Event.

Group Actions and Group Conditions apply to an entire group of Events and will function only if an Event within the group uses either. They must specifically be called out within a new Event in the group. They are an advanced set of functions to be used if you are duplicating a large number of Actions and/or Conditions within several Events in the Group. The little icons you are clicking on are for the group. New users frequently confuse those with actual Event Actions and Conditions.

Click image for larger version  Name:	4827537B-7882-4A4E-A5A1-D985A94E641B.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	7.9 KB ID:	1488796

Below that is the actual event, in this case it is Test Event. Click on the event and it will open up so you can see/edit all Triggers, Conditions and Actions at once

Click image for larger version  Name:	5ADF695C-F93E-4CB3-B7D5-FEDA01BD0B45.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	31.6 KB ID:	1488797

If you actually want to see Group Actions and Group Conditions at once, a second browser window would be the only way, though I cannot see a need to do that.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Roger, Randy - Thank you for the responses!

Randy - you are correct, I was confusing the Group Actions/Conditions with the Event Actions/Conditions!

Comment

Working...
        X