Slow response -- sometimes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow response -- sometimes

Here's something I've been unable to solve. Maybe, hopefully, you guys will have some ideas.

In our guest room, I have a Jasco Z-Wave light switch that controls an outlet. I also have a Jasco Z-Wave light dimmer module that has two lamps plugged into it (on the night tables that are on either side of the guest bed). I have a simple event that is triggered when the light switch is turned on and the dimmer is off which then turns the dimmer on. There is a noticeable delay between turning the switch on and when the lights turn on. I also have a Zigbee button on one of the night stands that is tied to another simple event. When the button is pushed and the light dimmer is off, the Jasco switch is turned on (which then triggers the first event, which turns on the dimmer). But here's the strange thing. When I press the button, the lights turn on with almost no delay! So, in the first case, a simple event runs, and there's a delay of two seconds. In the second case, when an event runs which, in turn, triggers the first event, there is virtually no delay! How can this be?
Working...
X