110/120v Tstat control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

110/120v Tstat control

Wanting to have HS control my heating, or even just a store bought programmable tstat for that matter. My problem is that I have an OLD oil heater (no cool) in the house. Looking at the back of current Tstat, I saw that it has 110/120v coming in from furnace. Googled my butt off and don't see anything other than a std simple tstat for 110!
    Any sugguestions?
    TIA

JOM,
    For an economical solution these units can not be beat.

http://www.x10.com/products/x10_th2807.htm
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp
      That looks like it would solve my problem. Not too techy, but would accomplish it's task. Has anyone ever tried one of these set-back devices?

Comment

Anyone got one of these in there house so we can see how they look when there installed?

There must be a better way..

Comment

baseboard heater w/ telephone control

I use these to control the heat in areas not served by the main furnace. I close the contacts using outputs from my HAI.

http://smarthome.com/300603.html

300608T 4800W 1-POLE BASEBOARD THERMOSTAT w/COMM

I purchased from another supplier in Canada (forgotten the name) - they were around $80 US. You don't need the external telephone interface - just the thermostat and something like an HAI or Ocelot to close the contacts.

I've had them in place for a couple of years now - work fine.

You may also want to consider the following if you wish to avoid running extra low voltage wires to the thermostat:

http://www.sylversoft.com/cgibin/cat...TVsuiw&mv_pc=7

all the best,

dp

Comment

your link says:

Sorry, we are still under construction

Comment

I have a set back and used it. It works fairly well. By fairly well I mean you can get the temperature to go back. I even played with an AC version of code for it, keep the setback on it and the temp adjusted, and then turn it off to set back. (Less heat = more cool.....) Only tried that a few times on trips away from home.

Let me know if you want a pic of it installed. I wont take long.

Not sure if we are allowed to sell here or not, so.... if you are interested in one, it works, not used that much, send me a private message. I am putting in an x10 stat, so I dont need it.

Paul
              Paul

Comment

oops

http://www.sylversoft.com/cgibin/cat...NHq7p&mv_pc=42

Comment

apicture of it would be great if you have one showing it installed.

Comment

sorry no pix

looks just like in the picture on the right hand side of the smarthome page.

look for the caption that reads something like:

300608T 4800W 1-POLE BASEBOARD THERMOSTAT w/ phone control

on the back, it looks like a regular baseboard tstat with 2 extra screws for the low voltage contact closure.

cheers,

dp

Comment

Just backing up to your original note.... I dont believe any of the models discussed so far would switch 110v, .... the question might be is that 110v really? Can hook a VOM up to it and see what is really going throught there???

Paul
                      Paul

Comment

Aube Thermostat

My application is 240VAC.

You may find that they have a 110v one at their web site...

http://www.aubetech.com/english/frameset_produit.html

I found mine by looking under the telephone controllers section.

At a glance, the TH106 may suit the 120v application in this thread.

It's worth a call to Aube. They were quite helpful when I called a few years back.

All the best,

dp

Comment

Pretty sure Aube has a 110 version. I looked at there Tstats but not as fully controllable as I'd like. Also I have 18 (yes eighteen) electric heat Tstats in my house. I can't afford to replace them all at $70 per Tstat. I'm looking at a custom solution with a solid state relay and 1 wire sensors. I can replace each Tstat for about $35 per and have full custom controll.
                          Bruce

"The universal answer is 42."

Comment

Working...
                          X