Speaker Client for Android

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaker Client for Android

Do I understand correctly that the only way to have a speaker client active on a SmartPhone (Android) is through HSTouch? I have recently migrated to HS Mobile, and I seem to recall that it does not have a Speaker Client integrated. I'd rather not have to go back to HSTouch.

Addendum: Are there any workarounds?

Jim Speiser
    38-year veteran of Home Automation
    Still don't know squat

This here : https://shop.homeseer.com/products/t...lug-in-for-hs3
    And ways to go about it : https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ul...o-speech-event and yes I asked tonlof to create : https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ul...id-speaker-app a stand alone speaker but as you can see from the above would be wasting his time...
    • You can choose not to use Google and stay local and use life-like voices on Android like Acapera

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

A VPN client calling home works well for me with HS Touch. OpenVPN is much easier to configure than IPSec VPN. (I still utilize both servers on the firewall).

Today you can configure an OpenVPN client to automagically start on boot of whatever device you want to use. IE: Phone, tablet, laptops...and configure it to be a split tunnel if you want.

Works fine for my Android OS phone and Windows 11 tablet or laptop using T-Mobile LTE.

These days use VPN to access all of the home automation and CCTV and NAS. IE: installed KODI on cell phone and can play back music or videos from my home NAS just fine these days.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I didn't set out to have a speaker client on my Android, but it just happened. Using VoiceMonkey (Jon00 or mscMQTT or NodeRed) and Alexa app on my phone. I forget it even there and then I hear my phone repeat what Alexa already announced in the family room. It's a second or two delay, but works.

Comment

Yeah, um, that all sounds wondrous and magical....so....no, no easy workarounds. Thanks for the responses!

Jim Speiser
          Still don't know squat

Comment

Would there be any conflict if I simply loaded both HSTouch and HSMobile, and used the HSMobile interface and only used the HSTouch for the speaker client?

Jim Speiser
            Still don't know squat

Comment

Remotely or Local? You can test this on Android. If there is an option for HSTouch to work in the background (some apps don't function in b/g) then you can then have HSMobile to be in the foreground...
              1. Things to ask yourself, what ports the device and HomeSeer do they use??
              2. How to keep awake the apps when the device goes to sleep
              3. You want also test this on IOS go ahead and test with Shortcuts
              Between post #2 and this one, the ball is in your court...

Eman.
              TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Originally posted by JimSpy View Post
                Would there be any conflict if I simply loaded both HSTouch and HSMobile, and used the HSMobile interface and only used the HSTouch for the speaker client?
                No there shouldn't be any conflicts.
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                X