Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NOOB - zigbee - what hardware do I need/how to setup first zigbee device?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NOOB - zigbee - what hardware do I need/how to setup first zigbee device?

I have a hometroller pro (hs4) and Z-net controller, but I have to install a device that I could ONLY find in zigbee.

is the nortek zigbee USB hub the best option, or is there something better?

Is there some plugin I need on top of the the hardware? If so, which one?

Sorry if this is posted somewhere. I swear I looked

It would help to name the device you need to install? So people know what interface you need to get the device supported? There re several options to support zigbee: the free plugin of HST, the Philips Hue version of HST and JowiHue. It really depends on the device you want to be supported?
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

You don't happen to be Alexa-fied, do you? The Echo Plus has built in Zigbee hub.

Jim Speiser
      38-year veteran of Home Automation
      Still don't know squat

Comment

Originally posted by ZipZipZoom View Post
        I have a hometroller pro (hs4) and Z-net controller, but I have to install a device that I could ONLY find in zigbee.

is the nortek zigbee USB hub the best option, or is there something better?

Is there some plugin I need on top of the the hardware? If so, which one?

Sorry if this is posted somewhere. I swear I looked
        Yes get the Nortek Zigbee/zwave stick. Also if it is a Tuya related Zigbee device then get the Tuya Zigbee hub and then install the TUYA plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
          It would help to name the device you need to install? So people know what interface you need to get the device supported? There re several options to support zigbee: the free plugin of HST, the Philips Hue version of HST and JowiHue. It really depends on the device you want to be supported?
          I'm trying to hookup a stelpro line voltage thermostat: https://www.stelpro.com/en/products/...igbee-stzb402/

(I know they make a zwave version, but it won't do fan heaters... which is what I have)

Does this help:
          COMPATIBILITY • Allia, Hilo or Zigbee hub required • Maestro controller•thermostat

Comment

Originally posted by silverton38 View Post

Yes get the Nortek Zigbee/zwave stick. Also if it is a Tuya related Zigbee device then get the Tuya Zigbee hub and then install the TUYA plugin.
            How do I know if it's a 'Tuya' Related device?

Comment

How do I know if it's a 'Tuya' Related device?
              If you see Tuya or Smartlife in the description then it is Tuya related.

Here is an example.

https://www.amazon.com/MOES-Wireless...dDbGljaz10cnVl

Comment

I'm trying to hookup a stelpro line voltage thermostat: https://www.stelpro.com/en/products/...igbee-stzb402/

(I know they make a zwave version, but it won't do fan heaters... which is what I have)

Does this help:
                COMPATIBILITY • Allia, Hilo or Zigbee hub required • Maestro controller•thermostat
                The JowiHue plugin should support the device through deCONZ: Stelpro STZB402+ Thermostat Attribute Missing for System Mode 0X001C · Issue #4049 · dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin (github.com)
                -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Working...
                X