Feature Request - ORing Device Status in Events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature Request - ORing Device Status in Events

rjh and HS. It would be nice to have a feature that allows you to select multiple states of a device as a condition to trigger an event. Here is one example:

IF the time is 1h, 0m, 0s after sunrise
    AND IF Location is Home OR Sleep or Sleep Delay
    THEN ...

Right now I have to do 3 (OR) IFs to do this repeating the initial IF condition 3 times. Then if I want to modify the trigger to for instance 1h, 30m, 0s after sunrise I have to do this 3 times. And that is a simple example. I understand I could use EasyTrigger assuming Home, Sleep and Sleep Delay are sequential. But they might not be sequential and more importantly this should be integrated into HS (as pretty much everything that is in EasyTrigger).

EasyTrigger : Schedules and Device Groups

And of course you have already mentioned this :
    I understand I could use EasyTrigger assuming Home, Sleep and Sleep Delay are sequential.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Easy Trigger.png Views:	0 Size:	19.8 KB ID:	1492012

Home, Sleep and Sleep Delay could be say the names of the device groups so whichever condition calls upon the desired state can trigger one of the groups and you add the other trick of Disable/Enable Event from other Events to achieve a true State Machine

Eman.

TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post
      rjh and HS. It would be nice to have a feature that allows you to select multiple states of a device as a condition to trigger an event. Here is one example:

AND IF Location is Home OR Sleep or Sleep Delay
      THEN ...

Right now I have to do 3 (OR) IFs to do this repeating the initial IF condition 3 times. Then if I want to modify the trigger to for instance 1h, 30m, 0s after sunrise I have to do this 3 times. And that is a simple example. I understand I could use EasyTrigger assuming Home, Sleep and Sleep Delay are sequential. But they might not be sequential and more importantly this should be integrated into HS (as pretty much everything that is in EasyTrigger).
      While I agree that the capability would be useful, in a situation like this, at least, there is a fairly easy alternative. Just enumerate the unwanted alternatives:
      AND IF Location is Not Away
      AND IF Location is Not B
      AND IF Location is Not C
      THEN ...

Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

You could also define status/value pairs for Location and use only a single AND IF.

Location Home = 101
        Location Sleep = 102
        Location Sleep Delay = 103

AND IF Location is Greater Than 100
        THEN ...
        "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Working...
        X