Time based event always works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time based event always works

Hello.... I'm a late comer to home automation and recently started setting up my system (not a technology noob though, I work in IT). I have a wall switch dimmer and am trying to control it with a motion sensor so that if motion is sensed between 12:30am and 7:00am the the attached light will come on at 1% for 2 minutes.

I have everything working the way I'd like with the exception that motion triggers the dimming no matter what time of day it is.

I created this event first -

Click image for larger version

Name:	HS4 Dim event.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	1492219

I also tried making it IF motion detected after 12:30am OR IF if motion detected before 7:30am, with no change in result.

Lastly, I installed Spud's Easy Trigger plug in and created this event -

Name:	HS4 Dim event 2.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	1492220

This is the time range configured in the plug-in -

Name:	HS4 Dim event 3.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	1492221

I'm out of ideas... can anyone tell me why the event is ignoring my time conditions?

Thanks in advance!

Start your Event with IF the TIME...And IF the Sensor... THEN dim the Light (Time is evaluated first because the sensor doesn't wait for TIME in order to trigger...It's taken into account as an additional condition)

Click image for larger version  Name:	TIME.png Views:	0 Size:	251.0 KB ID:	1492252

And also if your if your sensor is Z wave and some others as well, If at any point in time you LINKED the sensor to the light then they would act independently from the controller (HomeSeer). More on that here : https://www.vesternet.com/pages/z-wa...s-associations So I hope you didn't link them...And it's also not bad to do so but as I can tell you want the light to come on at a given time.

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Check your log for which event is triggering the light as you might have a different event set to trigger the light on motion. I would also disable any events that trigger this light then try it as they may have an association in the Z-Wave network which you would have to remove for this to work.
      Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
      X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
      Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
      Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
      Scripts =
      Various

Comment

Hi @skidiver ,

I'm not sure why your event is not working because you have set it up correctly, checking the log as suggested above might give you the answer. You should use the motion sensor as the trigger and the time span as a condition, as you have done - I use this extensively in my home. Remember that triggers are a moment in time (such as your motion sensor activating), triggers are then tested against the condition(s) to evaluate if an action should be invoked. Eman's example above is correct in his particular use case because he is using sunset (19:55:00) as the trigger (a moment in time). That is not the best way considering what you want to achieve.

Hot Tip = Check this out by one of the forum gurus, Randy:
        https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...3-event-clinic

Regards,
        Tim

Comment

Yes,
          Looking back on it, it does make sense...so it could be the sensor linked (associations) to the light

Eman.
          TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

I have to agree with Greig. Your Events (the original and the EasyTrigger version) are properly structured. There is likely some other Event or association causing the light to turn on. Disable this event and see if the light comes on dim with motion.
            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thanks so much everyone! Early on when I was trying things, I did make an association with the dimmer and that appears to be what the issue was. After removing the association (and doing a factory reset on the sensor) I changed the time on the server and tested the event, both within and out of the time span, and it is now working as expected.

Comment

Working...
              X