Quick Poll: HS4 Bulk Edit View

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick Poll: HS4 Bulk Edit View

In HS3, "bulk edit" mode was always active and check boxes always displayed on the left of the device list, just before the status icons. In HS4, bulk edit mode may be toggled on and off and check boxes only display when you enable bulk edit mode. Which view do you prefer?
    I prefer the current view where bulk edit may be toggled on and off
    62.50%
    I prefer the legacy view where bulk edit is always on
    15.63%
    Either is fine with me
    21.88%

The poll is expired.

💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

However, I will say that the little square next to the Bulk Action should be highlighted with a solid square whenever anything is highlighted. It's too easy to highlight something further down a page and forget about it. Then you click on something on the first screen and something else is inadvertently included in your actions. No bueno.

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
      However, I will say that the little square next to the Bulk Action should be highlighted with a solid square whenever anything is highlighted. It's too easy to highlight something further down a page and forget about it. Then you click on something on the first screen and something else is inadvertently included in your actions. No bueno.
      +1 for that suggestion especially since HS4 has taken up so much screen real estate. I'm scrolling and scrolling and scrolling these days.

Comment

It's GREAT to see this poll. I'm not yet qualified to give an opinion, but it is so refreshing to see users being asked. KUDOS!
        HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
        Home Assistant 2024.3
        Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
        Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
        Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
        WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
        AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
          Passing this to engineering...

Originally posted by ewkearns View Post
          It's GREAT to see this poll. I'm not yet qualified to give an opinion, but it is so refreshing to see users being asked. KUDOS!
          This will be happening a lot more in the coming weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
            Passing this to engineering...

This will be happening a lot more in the coming weeks.
            Mark, one more quirk(?) of HS4 bulk edit is that it appends "copy" not only to the device name but also to Location1 and Location2. Not sure if this was an intentional feature add with HS4, but I find it inconvenient to have to go search for the new copies--usually to just change them back to the original locations.
            -Wade

Comment

I personally liked the bulk edit included in the device list rather than having to click into the bulk edit mode.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
              HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
              Plugin's:
              BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
              EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
              weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

If I enable the Bulk Edit mode it stays enabled until I disable it. I have changed to Events and Live Cameras screens and then back to Devices and the Bulk Edit boxes are still there. So to me, I can either keep it showing or not, making it my choice.
                Karl S
                HS4Pro on Windows 10
                1070 Devices
                56 Z-Wave Nodes
                104 Events
                HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
                Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Originally posted by Wade View Post

Mark, one more quirk(?) of HS4 bulk edit is that it appends "copy" not only to the device name but also to Location1 and Location2. Not sure if this was an intentional feature add with HS4, but I find it inconvenient to have to go search for the new copies--usually to just change them back to the original locations.
                  The motive for this poll was to improve the button layout on this screen. We have already replaced the separate "grid view" and "list view" buttons (which have displayed simultaneously) with a toggle instead. The secondary consideration was to remove the bulk edit button, if it was deemed to be unnecessarily. The poll results do no support doing this, so that button will remain. We will cycle back to individual features to work on other improvements. In the meantime, if you haven't already created a support issue for this, please go ahead with that.

Originally posted by The Profit View Post
                  I personally liked the bulk edit included in the device list rather than having to click into the bulk edit mode.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                  Per Ksum's response below, you can enable it and it should stay enabled.

Originally posted by ksum View Post
                  If I enable the Bulk Edit mode it stays enabled until I disable it. I have changed to Events and Live Cameras screens and then back to Devices and the Bulk Edit boxes are still there. So to me, I can either keep it showing or not, making it my choice.
                  Correct. Per my response to Wade above, our focus was to see if the button could be removed without issue.

Comment

Working...
                  X