No announcement yet.

Mini-split A/C and Hardwired TStat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the UTY-TTRX you can daisy chain up to 16 units together. We have two units in the kitchen and family room tied to one thermostat.

Comment

Originally posted by outbackrob View Post
      Something to consider is the Remotec ZXT-600US. I have a very (VERY) old split system that I am shocked even had a remote, but it has no other app or other interface capability. I didn't think I was going to be able to remotely control it let alone get it to function via HS. Without much more than adding it as a z-wave device, I can control MOST of the functions of my old Mitsubishi. I can turn it on or off, change the temp, change the mode, and change the fan speed. And, it just works. I have had it for a few years now and it is still on the same two batteries. It was the last major system in our house I had to automate and the Remotec made it happen.....

PS: You can still buy them on Amazon: Amazon.com: Remotec ZXT-600 Z-Wave Plus - IR Extender for AC Conditioner : Home & Kitchen
      Unfortunately had a negative experience with this device (Remotec ZXT-600US), there is no help on this web site, and none of the contact pages work. Tried to get this device to work on Vera Plus, nothing worked. The device seems to work, but none of the 23 IR codes work with my device, and programming with the remote does not seem to work. I was probably just in a hurry and did something wrong. Not home right now, will be back in a month will try to reconnect.

Comment

Originally posted by gerald_koonce View Post
        Unfortunately had a negative experience with this device (Remotec ZXT-600US), there is no help on the Remotec website, and none of the contact pages work. Tried to get this device to work on Vera Plus, nothing worked. The device seems to work, but none of the 23 IR codes work with my device, and programming with the remote does not seem to work. I was probably just in a hurry and did something wrong. Not home right now, will be back in a month will try to reconnect.
        It's been a while now since I set mine up, but I do remember it was not straight forward. However, once it was completed, I have never had to do anything but change the batteries once because I had it on my calendar to do so.

Here is website that I don't remember being available before: https://remotec.com.hk/remotec_product/zxt-600/

Best wishes!

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post

I've been looking for someone that has messed with these. I have the Fujitsu with 2 zones controlling my 3rd floor bedrooms... and the tstat batteries are dead in each unit. total pain when the power flickers. apparently the only way is to replace the entire unit.
          The ZXT-600s are rubbish. Although they say they can control more units that the ZXT-120 they actually contol less parameters for each unit (less operating modes, missing setpoints, missing fan speeds). Search these forums and you'll find posts about them. https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ge...emote-zxt-600 There are other similar posts by others.

I had bought one to replace an older ZXT-120 but gave up on the ZXT-600. In the end I went with the Intesis interface ($$$) and mcsMQTT, which has the advantage of bidirectional communication (i.e. HS can see the state of the AC unit when it is changed by the wall controller for example) and does not need batteries. The ZXTs are unidirectional, as is the case when using IR to control anything.
          iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

Originally posted by mminehan View Post
            We have Fujitsu split units (VRF) that have both a wall controller and IR handheld remotes.

I have tried a couple of options over the years. Remotec ZXT Zwave controllers work but are limited and unreliable. And IR is one way only in that any changes made using the AC wall controller is not detected by the ZXT and in turn not reported to HS.

In the end I forked out for the Intesis units and haven't looked back. Wifi but not cloud based, so all 'in house' control. Responsive and you get full control including all modes, fan speeds and direction control is your unit has that. And this method is turely bi-directional, so HS is aware of any changes made to the AC unit no matter what is used (remote, wall controller etc).

With Michael's mcsMQTT plugin, the 'WMP' protocol that Intesis uses is fully supported. Check the Intesis website to see a list a brands and models of AC are supported.

Just my 2 cents worth.
            Which Intesis model did you end up getting? I'm also interested in wall control (maybe ecobee), remote control, and HS4 control

Comment

Working...
            X