No announcement yet.

Best Thermostats for HS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will extend my usual caution. The base thermostat (as I read it) only includes:

Thermostat Fan Mode V1-5
    Thermostat Fan State Command Class V1-2
    Thermostat Mode Command Class V1-3
    Thermostat Operating State Command Class V1-2
    Thermostat Setback Command Class V1-2
    Thermostat Setpoint Command Class V1-3
    Reference.

If you want any other amenities, like humidity, make sure your chosen hardware and software supports those command_classes.
    HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
    Home Assistant 2024.3
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
    Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
    Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
    WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
    AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post

Amen to that.

CT101 is same as CT100.

This is incorrect, I know because I have two CT101's sitting right here. The CT100's need a z-wave controller in order to have a schedule and any automation (beyond a simple setpoint). The CT101's will operate as fully independent 7-day programmable thermostat even without a Z-wave controller, hence why they are an ideal choice since if you move you can just leave it for the next owner. They also last well over a year on batteries so if you don't have a C-wire at your wiring location they still operate well.

I have two in mint condition for sale

Comment

Originally posted by TC1 View Post

This is incorrect, I know because I have two CT101's sitting right here. The CT100's need a z-wave controller in order to have a schedule and any automation (beyond a simple setpoint). The CT101's will operate as fully independent 7-day programmable thermostat even without a Z-wave controller, hence why they are an ideal choice since if you move you can just leave it for the next owner. They also last well over a year on batteries so if you don't have a C-wire at your wiring location they still operate well.

I have two in mint condition for sale
        Your right. I have the CT100 and it has to be controlled by HS. My bad.

Comment

FYI, the Iris zwave thermostats are rebadged ct101s. I bought a spare on Mercari a month ago.

Comment

Originally posted by jgreenberg01 View Post
            I use the Honeywell Intrusion
            Second that. I've been running two for quite some time now. Solid thermostat.

Comment

I probably mentioned this before but many thermostats don't let you disable the internal temperature sensor. If they allow a second sensor they usually do an averaging. It might not matter to you but in my case I banned the thermostats to places where they should not measure temperature so it was important that they only work based on the external sensor.

Comment

Does the TH6320ZW2003 have a proximity sensor? does it light up when you get close to it?

Thanks
                Randy

Comment

Did the OP make a decision? I'm struggling with the same decision to replace the Nest I have had for years.
                  Barry

Comment

Originally posted by rtobin View Post
                    Does the TH6320ZW2003 have a proximity sensor? does it light up when you get close to it?
                    Why do you need a proximity sensor? So the display comes on? Or to know if somebody is home?

Comment

Originally posted by lhfarm View Post
                      Did the OP make a decision? I'm struggling with the same decision to replace the Nest I have had for years.
                      Barry
                      I am curious why you want to replace your Nest thermostat? Initially I was thinking of getting an Ecobee because it allows remote temperature sensors and allows disabling the built-in sensor. The only reason I decided against it is because of the cost (I have my thermostats 'hidden' and I don't need all those extra features) plus I would rely on another plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post

Why do you need a proximity sensor? So the display comes on? Or to know if somebody is home?
                        The HAI omnistat's that I am replacing have this and it is nice to be able to walk down the hallway and glance at the temp without having to fumble on the wall to touch the screen in the dark, also makes a handy nightlight in the hallway

This is actually the one feature I will miss the most.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I am curious why you want to replace your Nest thermostat? Initially I was thinking of getting an Ecobee because it allows remote temperature sensors and allows disabling the built-in sensor. The only reason I decided against it is because of the cost (I have my thermostats 'hidden' and I don't need all those extra features) plus I would rely on another plugin.
                          The Nest wants to determine when we are away/home and I have to have an event to monitor the status. This is a first or second gen device and it worked well until Google change the API. Moving on.
                          Barry

Comment

Originally posted by lhfarm View Post
                            The Nest wants to determine when we are away/home and I have to have an event to monitor the status. This is a first or second gen device and it worked well until Google change the API. Moving on.
                            Barry
                            I am not quite sure I understand the problem but I don't like thermostats becoming "intelligent". My wife wants to program the thermostat just like an old manual thermostat. Time x in the morning and set the temperature to n degrees. Time y in the evening and set the temperature to m degrees. Let people override it on the panel (in my case a wall mounted tablet). The only difference is that we have home/sleep/away/vacation modes and those change the temperatures. I might add some features like don't heat/cool if the windows are open, etc. But the point is that the thermostat isn't 'smart' and I don't want it to be 'smart'.

Comment

I am not quite sure I understand the problem but I don't like thermostats becoming "intelligent". My wife wants to program the thermostat just like an old manual thermostat. Time x in the morning and set the temperature to n degrees. Time y in the evening and set the temperature to m degrees. Let people override it on the panel (in my case a wall mounted tablet). The only difference is that we have home/sleep/away/vacation modes and those change the temperatures. I might add some features like don't heat/cool if the windows are open, etc. But the point is that the thermostat isn't 'smart' and I don't want it to be 'smart'.
                              Agreed - although my wife likes to simply hit up or down on the TStat to change the temperature, she will not venture into the schedule screen. That's why I created this for the tablets:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20211020-094602.png
Views:	317
Size:	359.0 KB
ID:	1503154

A "smart" TStat isn't required, just a Z-wave one. Like your idea for a Vacation setting. I may add that when I have time, not that I can recall the last time I had a vacation...

Comment

I only have 8" tablets on the wall so this screen might be a bit small. I am thinking of doing something like that, though. It wouldn't be controlled by HS but programmed into the thermostat assuming my thermostat allows programming over z-wave.

Comment

Working...
                                X