Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to recreate deleted Zwave device feature?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to recreate deleted Zwave device feature?

I have some blind devices. When they were included there was a "Multilevel" feature. I didn't think I would need it and I deleted it from a couple of the devices. I tried to get it back by rescanning the device but no luck. Short of excluding and re-including the device how can I get that feature back? Fortunately, I only did this on two of the six devices. Please see pics below:

With multilevel feature:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ml1.JPG
Views:	276
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	1495379

Missing the deleted multilevel feature:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ml0.JPG
Views:	244
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	1495380

Make sure you didn't hide the device at one time. Click the button near the top right to unhide the hidden devices after you rescan. Maybe it was hidden?
    Dan-O
    HomeSeer contributor since summer 1999, yes 1999!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan-O View Post
      Make sure you didn't hide the device at one time. Click the button near the top right to unhide the hidden devices after you rescan. Maybe it was hidden?
      Thanks for the suggestion. I've never used the hide device feature. I double-checked to be sure. No luck...
      If it were a regular device I'd just delete and re-add it. But it's a blind motor and I'd have to take the blinds down to get to the Zwave exclude/include button.

Comment

avpman,

Out of curiosity is it possible to copy the missing feature from another node and then reassign the copied feature to the node that is missing the feature? I have used jon00's DeviceGrouping utility to move copied virtual devices to a new parent/root before but I'm not sure if it would work for this use???

Have you tried the FIX DEVICE/FEATURE RELATIONSHIPS located under Labs in Setup?

Failing that then the way that I have done this in the past is to perform a "Replace Node" rather than exclude and re-include. That way my node ID does not change and I don't have to rework any Events. The process to replace a node that is still responding is a little more involved but not by much.

Roger D

Comment

You should be able to go to the root node and do a rescan of these devices to re-add any missing features. If the device is a battery operated device you will need to "wake" the device prior to running the rescan.
          πŸ’β€β™‚οΈ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products​

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
            You should be able to go to the root node and do a rescan of these devices to re-add any missing features. If the device is a battery operated device you will need to "wake" the device prior to running the rescan.
            No go. I opened and closed the blinds via HS and then ran the rescan fairly quickly. I'm only trying to do it remotely 1) so I don't have to take the blinds down to reach the exclude/include button and 2) to learn how to do this for other devices should I need to.

At this point, I'll just take the blinds down to get to the button and re-include them. Would be nice to know, however, how to do it via HS or if it's even possible.

Thanks for everyone's time and suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by avpman View Post

No go. I opened and closed the blinds via HS and then ran the rescan fairly quickly. I'm only trying to do it remotely 1) so I don't have to take the blinds down to reach the exclude/include button and 2) to learn how to do this for other devices should I need to.

At this point, I'll just take the blinds down to get to the button and re-include them. Would be nice to know, however, how to do it via HS or if it's even possible.

Thanks for everyone's time and suggestions.
              What did the Z-Wave inclusion show? For battery operated devices the device would need to be close to your Z-Wave interface before scanning.
              πŸ’β€β™‚οΈ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products​

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post

What did the Z-Wave inclusion show? For battery operated devices the device would need to be close to your Z-Wave interface before scanning.
                The original inclusion worked fine and built all of the featues. The problem is that I manually deleted one of the features and now I want to get it back.

Comment

Open up one of your other blinds device, navigate to the Status Graphics tab and reproduce what is there for the multi-level device to the blinds that don’t have it. Takes about 10 minutes or less.
                  Michael

Comment

Working...
                  X