Voice selection for announcements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Voice selection for announcements

I have an even that sends announcements to and android device that has HS touch on it. I use Ivona voice to make the announcement. Recently upgraded PC and can't get this to work. In the speaker client on the HS PC I have Ivona voice selected as the voice, however it still uses the default Microsoft voice. Is there somewhere else I need to change the voice setting

Originally posted by freeon View Post
    I have an even that sends announcements to and android device that has HS touch on it. I use Ivona voice to make the announcement. Recently upgraded PC and can't get this to work. In the speaker client on the HS PC I have Ivona voice selected as the voice, however it still uses the default Microsoft voice. Is there somewhere else I need to change the voice setting
    The voice is selected from the HS Server system, not on the Client. I use the inline HTML voice command to change the voice midsentence:

<voice required="name = Microsoft Zira Desktop">say something

Comment

Originally posted by aa6vh View Post

The voice is selected from the HS Server system, not on the Client. I use the inline HTML voice command to change the voice midsentence:

<voice required="name = Microsoft Zira Desktop">say something
      It's the same event that ran on my old PC and the event is just speak something. Nothing in the event that says which voice to use and it worked. Not sure why it's not working with new PC.

Comment

Your new PC is probably using the 64-bit voices, HomeSeer uses 32-bit. Look here.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Ah OK. Got it working now. Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X