Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS4 Log search bug? (and a couple of use-ability rants).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 Log search bug? (and a couple of use-ability rants).

Still a bit of a noob, I'm trying to track down issues with HS sensors, FLS & HSM, and find the log search tools amazingly limited, and appear to have a bug. #1&2 below are the rant, and #3 is the bug.
    1. Good thing there are a From and Type filters, but why don't they show status? That is, that they are in effect or better yet, what their current value is?
    2. It would be extremely helpful to filter using pull-downs to select a specific device or event.
    3. There is something weird/broken about searching Z-Wave messages.
    Here is my current example. I want a list of every time my East FLS sensor is triggering.
    The From filter doesn't help much because most log entries are "Legacy-Plugin".
    The Type filter is the same, again because most entries are also "Z-Wave".

So I need to search on the Message field for the entry I'm interested in:
    Device: Exterior Master Bedroom E Motion Sensor Set to NOTIFICATION for type Home Security, Event: Motion Detected
    Searching for this returns 0 entries.
    I start cutting off word by word from the end, and don't get any hits until the string is reduced to
    Device: Exterior Master Bedroom E

I assumed this was some weird 34 character limit, but when it did return results, they were all Events, and none were Z-Wave.
    So I set Type filter to Z-Wave and try the following searches:
    Device: Returns all valid results. All Type = Z-Wave that start with Device:, 2700 results.
    Device: Exterior Returns 0. Exterior is a "Floor" in my system, and there are dozens of log lines with this starting text.
    Master Bedroom E Motion Sensor Set to NOTIFICATION Returns 0.
    Master Bedroom E Motion Sensor Returns 271. Add anything else to this string; Set or Set to, and results go to 0.

Is there some logic here that I'm missing?

If you just start scrolling from the top down do you see anyZ-Wave messages?

Roger D

Comment

Which check boxes do you have checked when you go to the ZWaveConfig page?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2021-09-17_14-24-56.png
Views:	92
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	1496679

Roger D

Comment

Originally posted by Roger D View Post
        If you just start scrolling from the top down do you see anyZ-Wave messages?

Roger D
        Hundreds!

Comment

Originally posted by Roger D View Post
          Which check boxes do you have checked when you go to the ZWaveConfig page?

Roger D
          Thanks for the help Roger.
          I'm running HS4, but if I turn on "Show Legacy Z-Wave Device Config Page" and "Show Legacy Z-Wave Menu" in the interface Settings page, I can get this: Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-09-17 at 2.22.32 PM.png
Views:	166
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	1496739
          On the individual devices, using the "legacy" menus, I see their polling frequency is set to 0 for the 7 HS-FLS100 and 10min for the 6 HSM200.

But I'm not sure we're on the same page: I'm not questioning what I am or am not seeing in the log, I'm questioning the SEARCH results. The phrase I started my search with, "Device: Exterior Master Bedroom E Motion Sensor Set to NOTIFICATION for type Home Security, Event: Motion Detected" is repeated hundreds of times in the log, along with thousands of other entries. I just want to see THAT LINE, and tried all of the listed searches, with most of them returning 0 results even though I copied the search text from the log messages. I only get hits when I restrict the search term to a certain, undefined, subset of the total message text. Why? And how do I find those parameters? are my questions.

Comment

Working...
          X