RGBGenie Remotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RGBGenie Remotes

Not sure where this goes. I have some ZB-5001 remotes that are ZLL and ZHA compatible. They also say they work with the Hue bridge. Not seeing that. Don't want to use touch link.

Anyone know if these will work or if there is a way to incorporate them into the zigbee protocol? thanks

This is what you get when you bring it in to Zigbee on HS4.

Click image for larger version

Name:	pic1.png
Views:	241
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	1496716

This was one of the first devices I worked with the Zigbee2MQTT folks to get integrated with Zigbee2MQTT. It would report the button actions received and then reported via MQTT. I am not clear on what your comment is in the General Discussion area. Are you trying to get it integrated with a specific Zigbee-supported plugin?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
      This was one of the first devices I worked with the Zigbee2MQTT folks to get integrated with Zigbee2MQTT. It would report the button actions received and then reported via MQTT. I am not clear on what your comment is in the General Discussion area. Are you trying to get it integrated with a specific Zigbee-supported plugin?
      I would just like to get them to work with the HS4 Zigbee PI. The built-in hs4 zigbee PI does recognize them as a ZB-5001 so there is some sort of driver there. I am not familiar with the zigbee2MQTT or MQTT so not sure how to use those. thanks

Comment

rjh Any chance this can be looked at and the driver fixed? The zigbee PI recognizes these remotes as a rgbgenie ZB-5001, which is correct, but all the child devices are batteries. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
          rjh Any chance this can be looked at and the driver fixed? The zigbee PI recognizes these remotes as a rgbgenie ZB-5001, which is correct, but all the child devices are batteries. Thanks
          rjh Checking to see if there is any chance on a future update to the drivers for these remotes?

Comment

I am asking my Zigbee dev to have a look.

rjh Checking to see if there is any chance on a future update to the drivers for these remotes?
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

From the "Manage Devices" page could copy/paste here what you get for this device?

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                I am asking my Zigbee dev to have a look.
                Thank you very much. They are great remotes.

Comment

Thank you very much. They are great remotes.
                  I have never found a use case for mine. What is it that you are doing with yours?

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                    From the "Manage Devices" page could copy/paste here what you get for this device?
                    I hope this is what you want. I copied from the zigbee tab.

Network Address

IEEE Address
                    588E81FFFE1CE9BD

Manufacturer
                    RGBgenie

Model ID
                    RGBgenie ZB-5001

Node Type
                    END_DEVICE

Node State

Endpoint 1
                    Power Configuration Polling Interval (in seconds)

Endpoint 2

Endpoint 3

Endpoint 4

Endpoint 5

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post

I have never found a use case for mine. What is it that you are doing with yours?
                      I am going to use them to control 5 devices on a single tap and/or 10 on a double tap. They had single tap and double tap capability in another home automation hub.

Comment

I hope this is what you want. I copied from the zigbee tab.

Network Address

IEEE Address
                        588E81FFFE1CE9BD

Manufacturer
                        RGBgenie

Model ID
                        RGBgenie ZB-5001

Node Type
                        END_DEVICE

Node State

Endpoint 1

Endpoint 2

Endpoint 3

Endpoint 4

Endpoint 5

No what I would like to see is what you get when you go to Plugins > Zigbee > Manage Devices, and click on your device. You should see the list of supported Input/Ouput clusters for each endpoint.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post

No what I would like to see is what you get when you go to Plugins > Zigbee > Manage Devices, and click on your device. You should see the list of supported Input/Ouput clusters for each endpoint.
                          Sorry about that, I didn't think that is what you wanted but here is from the manage devices.

Click image for larger version

Name:	pic1.png
Views:	126
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	1498395

Comment

rjh spud Any luck on these remotes being added? thanks

Comment

I have purchased an RGB Genie ZB-5001 remote.
                              I can include it into HS4 Pro, but the only commands that are recognized is On, Off, Dim Up Start, Dim Down Start, and Battery Level in general.
                              It doesn't matter which row I use, I get the exact same commands.
                              In the debug log, I can see that each individual of rows (total of 5) has a unique group number.
                              How can I get HS4 Pro to differentiate between the individual rows and translate to individual scene commands?

2/10/2024 12:56:12 PM ZigbeePlus Debug Zigbee Zigbee RGB Genie ZB-5001: cannot find published property action_group
                              2/10/2024 12:56:12 PM ZigbeePlus Debug Z2M Client: Received, topic=zigbee2mqtt/Zigbee Zigbee RGB Genie ZB-5001, payload={"action":"off","action_group":28933,"battery":31,"l inkquality":116}
                              2/10/2024 12:56:12 PM ZigbeePlus Debug MQTT Broker: TX (115 bytes) >>> Publish: [Topic=zigbee2mqtt/Zigbee Zigbee RGB Genie ZB-5001] [PayloadLength=68] [QoSLevel=AtMostOnce] [Dup=False] [Retain=False] [PacketIdentifier=0]
                              2/10/2024 12:56:12 PM ZigbeePlus Debug MQTT Broker: Client 'Zigbee2MqttNet': Queued PUBLISH packet with topic 'zigbee2mqtt/Zigbee Zigbee RGB Genie ZB-5001'
                              2/10/2024 12:56:12 PM ZigbeePlus Debug MQTT Broker: TX (115 bytes) >>> Publish: [Topic=zigbee2mqtt/Zigbee Zigbee RGB Genie ZB-5001] [PayloadLength=68] [QoSLevel=AtMostOnce] [Dup=False] [Retain=False] [PacketIdentifier=0]
                              2/10/2024 12:56:12 PM ZigbeePlus Debug MQTT Broker: Client 'mqttjs_c2b447ed': Queued PUBLISH packet with topic 'zigbee2mqtt/Zigbee Zigbee RGB Genie ZB-5001'
                              2/10/2024 12:56:12 PM ZigbeePlus Debug Z2M Server: MQTT publish: topic 'zigbee2mqtt/Zigbee Zigbee RGB Genie ZB-5001', payload '{"action":"off","action_group":28933,"battery":31,"linkqu al ity":116}'
                              2/10/2024 12:56:12 PM ZigbeePlus Debug MQTT Broker: RX (115 bytes) <<< Publish: [Topic=zigbee2mqtt/Zigbee Zigbee RGB Genie ZB-5001] [PayloadLength=68] [QoSLevel=AtMostOnce] [Dup=False] [Retain=False] [PacketIdentifier=0]
                              2/10/2024 12:56:12 PM ZigbeePlus Debug Z2M Client: Received, topic=zigbee2mqtt/bridge/logging, payload={"level":"info","message":"MQTT publish: topic 'zigbee2mqtt/Zigbee Zigbee RGB Genie ZB-5001', payload '{"action":"off","action_group":28933,"battery":31,\ "linkquality":116}'"}

Comment

Working...
                              X