Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Wave Schlage Connect BE469ZP - Loosing Connection

Hello.

I have read on here lots of times that people recommended the Schlage Connect Locks for Z-Wave functionality. I also have read a lot of people having issues getting it to connect to there Z-Wave Stick.

I managed to get mine connected to my Z-Wave stick through HomeSeer bringing the lock close to my HomeSeer machine and adding the lock.

I then moved the lock to the actual door and installed it, and then fully optimized the Z-Wave network to ensure connections were good.

The lock works for only a little bit. I'm not exactly sure the timing, but I think for maybe 30-60 minutes.

Then the lock appears to just "go to sleep" and homeseer can't control it at all.

I'm wondering if other people have had these issues? Is there a workaround for it? Is there another recommended lock that actually works with Z-Wave HomeSeer and continues to work flawlessly?

I have a Aeotec Gen5+ stick.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I was hesitant to get any Schlage lock because of what I had read here over the years. Though, I have also read more recently many having great success with them. I ended up going with a Yale as per this post and have never had any issues.
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by aaron View Post

I'm wondering if other people have had these issues? Is there a workaround for it? Is there another recommended lock that actually works with Z-Wave HomeSeer and continues to work flawlessly?

I have a Aeotec Gen5+ stick.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
      This doesn't answer the question as posed, but hopefully is useful feedback in case you choose to keep troubleshooting. I have three BE469ZP, each in service for about 1 to 3 years. Two are connected via a z-net and one via a Homeseer Smartstick+. It was necessary to bring them within a few inches for inclusion, as you noted. Once in place they've been solid. I recall only a couple times thinking one didn't properly receive a command or didn't report properly. I have a strong z-wave mesh and each lock has 13-28 neighboring devices, so that could be a difference or perhaps some issue with the Aeotec stick. All 3 are on the same firmware, see example below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	279
Size:	142.5 KB
ID:	1499454
      -Wade

Comment

I have more than one BE469 locks in service for over several years. No problems. The Z-wave device node(s) closest to your lock have to support Z-wave Beaming in order for locks to respond properly. Most people don't know this requirement and just assume they have to do this magical dance of putting the controller on top of the lock.

Comment

Originally posted by TC1 View Post
          I have more than one BE469 locks in service for over several years. No problems. The Z-wave device node(s) closest to your lock have to support Z-wave Beaming in order for locks to respond properly. Most people don't know this requirement and just assume they have to do this magical dance of putting the controller on top of the lock.
          What are some examples of devices that support beaming?

Comment

Originally posted by Dweber85rc View Post

What are some examples of devices that support beaming?
            Any mains powered device (an always listening Z-wave router) can support beaming. Could be a wall switch/dimmer, an outlet, or a dedicated repeater. It's up to the manufacturer to design that feature in.

For example, here's the conformance statement for an old Jasco wall dimmer:

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	249
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	1499519

Comment

Does anyone know if the homeseer switches do this

Comment

Does anyone know if the homeseer switches do this
                You can check here:

https://products.z-wavealliance.org/...ts?company=398

Comment

Don't see any homeseer switch that supports it that I can tell

Comment

Don't see any homeseer switch that supports it that I can tell
                    Did you look at the conformance statement for each model? Both their WD-200+ and WS-200+ do.

Comment

Did you look at the conformance statement for each model? Both their WD-200+ and WS-200+ do.
                      No, I stand corrected. They do list beaming support. However I must have something wrong on mine because I have all homeseer switches but have these issues with my locks and the two most problematic locks one has two switches within a couple of feet and the other has 3 within 15.

Comment

Any mains powered device (an always listening Z-wave router) can support beaming. Could be a wall switch/dimmer, an outlet, or a dedicated repeater. It's up to the manufacturer to design that feature in.

For example, here's the conformance statement for an old Jasco wall dimmer:

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	249
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	1499519

I literally have light switches in EVERY room that are Z-Wave. I just verified, the light switch that is 5 inches away from the lock supports beaming. So this isn't the problem. I have tried deleting and re-adding the lock, resetting the lock, and still have problems with it appearing to "go to sleep" on me. My HomeSeer can't control it at all after it's been idle for a while.

I ended up giving up and switching to a Level lock, but now I can't control it through HomeSeer. So I'm still not really pleased.

Comment

I have the same lock (and same switches throughout the home too), and it's been functioning as expected for a year now. It also included without needing to have it next to the Z-stick.

I'm wondering if your lock could be defective?

Comment

I'd recommend moving your Z-Wave interface and the lock close together and wake the lock and do a rescan on the root device. Then test functionality while the lock and Z-Wave interface are close. If this works move the lock to it's final location, wake it up and do a optimization on the lock and test.
                            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I've had 5 of these locks in two very different homes. They have all worked perfectly with both Vera and Homeseer. Different apps, different Z-wave controllers (sticks). I have very few mains powered Zwave devices so my locks must beam directly to the Zwave stick across the house and down into the basement. They work perfectly until the batteries get low (btw - recharagable batteries, even Eneloops, have problems in this lock so dont use them)

Schlage has sold thousands of these have been sold over the past 10 years. The lock hardware is not your problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X