Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time to add a "Complaints" Section to the forum.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to add a "Complaints" Section to the forum.

I can say that this is the first time I have seen a obviously negative discussion on this board.

This reminds me of the Rock Band scenario. In this scenario the band starts out as a group of best friends practicing in the garage. They all shake hands and say its "all for one and one for all" no matter what. Then they get popular due to the great lead vocals of the lead singer. They start making money and more money and more money. Millions are rolling in and suddenly the lead singer gets the call for a solo album. Due to the multimillion dollar contract the "all for one" pact dissolves and the band now hates the lead singer and finally the band dissolves.

We are the band my friends. Suddenly our Drumming, guitaring etc are no longer respected because the lead singer has his money. If we want to continue playing music we will have to do one of two things. Find a new lead singer that is better than HST or keep calling the lead singer for studio musician jobs that pay pennies compared to what they used to make.

HST has written the Best Home automation software package out there (and has the best voice of all the lead singers to support my analogy.) FOR NOW! Rich probably loses sleep because Microsoft or the equivelant is banging on his door screaming, "you had better sell to us or we are going to create something better!" This is a reality that HST is faced with and it seems to me that they are increasing their operations to become another Microsoft of the future of home automation. Thus the resulting price increases.

Its happening and we knew it was possible when we noticed all the "Chicks" wanting our lead singers autograph. So we all have to decide our response. More than likely we will be calling the lead singer for studio job.

Lets try to remain positive on this board and keep the levels of support as high as possible even if our music is not as appreciated as it used to be.

DCJ

Not a bad analogy, but I would replace the rock band with a football team. The quarterback knows he only has a few years of peak performance. He considers that as he negotiates next season's contract. Mick Jagger has been singing for 40 years.

Rich has to make the most of his limited time at the top, or it may not last very long. The decisions are not easy, and he can't be expected to poll his customers for each one.

Comment

Working...
    X