MyQ & HS3: Is there any hope?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MyQ & HS3: Is there any hope?

Now that Kingfetty has abdicated and taken his toys and gone home, and now that MyQ has removed Alexa from their list of partnering technologies...has anyone figured out a way to control their MyQ/Liftmaster garage door via Alexa? I've tried to go through IFTTT, but (amazingly) IFTTT only has one-way control of the garage door, to wit: it can only CLOSE the door. I searched high and low for an IFTTT applet that will OPEN the door, but they all say CLOSE. (WTF????) Anyone come up with a workaround? Or by some miracle, is anyone working on a replacement Plug-In for HS3?

Jim Speiser
    38-year veteran of Home Automation
    Still don't know squat

I am using the HS4 plugin and it works. Amazon also uses it to deliver package into the garage. So there does seem to be a way to do this. Did you check if NodeRed has some solution? Btw, it only closes because MyQ considers it as a security risk to open the door.

Comment

Originally posted by JimSpy View Post
      Now that Kingfetty has abdicated and taken his toys and gone home, and now that MyQ has removed Alexa from their list of partnering technologies...has anyone figured out a way to control their MyQ/Liftmaster garage door via Alexa? I've tried to go through IFTTT, but (amazingly) IFTTT only has one-way control of the garage door, to wit: it can only CLOSE the door. I searched high and low for an IFTTT applet that will OPEN the door, but they all say CLOSE. (WTF????) Anyone come up with a workaround? Or by some miracle, is anyone working on a replacement Plug-In for HS3?
      It's time to join the masses and upgrade to HS4
      💁‍♂ïļ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂ïļ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products​

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post

It's time to join the masses and upgrade to HS4
        I care not for the masses. I march to a different platform. 🧛ðŸĪš

Jim Speiser
        38-year veteran of Home Automation
        Still don't know squat

Comment

Working...
        X