Flume Water Meter add on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flume Water Meter add on

My Facebook feed is pounding me with water meter add on called Flume. This can apparently tell you flow rates real time. Has anyone tried this? It apparently has an API so maybe someone can figure out how to get the info into HS.
    https://help.flumewater.com/en/artic...e-personal-api

I used the gen. 1 Flume device for about 18 months that I got through a rebate program with the local water utility. It seemed to work pretty well but due to my yard configuration sometimes struggled to maintain connection to the hub and chewed through lithium batteries. They were a PITA to change (12 screws) and I didn't find the provided data to be worth the effort since I didn't have the knowledge of how to integrate with HS. Heard they were started charging an annual subscription fee recently ($50/yr IIRC?) so be sure you're comfortable with that before buying. Would have been a deal killer for me, but I also have the alternative of running a hard-wired pulse meter sensor back to the house when I make time to do it.
    -Wade

Comment

I'm using a Flume device (Gen 1) and haven't had to touch it since it was installed a year ago. It provides updates I'd say every minute, which is close enough to real time. If you search the message board you'll find a number of threads about it. No plugin exists, but they have a well documented API and it's easy to get the data by script or using Big5.

Comment

I dont know about flume but something for YF-S201 flow meters would be good.

Comment

Working...
        X