How To Use Multi-Tap Functionality in Switches/Dimmers that support it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How To Use Multi-Tap Functionality in Switches/Dimmers that support it

I'm fairly new to HomeSeer and just purchased some HS-WX300 Dimmers. I wanted to use the multi-tap capability to trigger some events, but didn't find any simple instructions on how to do so. After searching through the forum, I figured it out, but thought it would be nice to share the knowledge here in a simple-to-follow how-to.

First, you need a dimmer that supports multi-tap capability (Some other non-HomeSeer manufacturers do also support this).
    In order to utilize the multi-tap capability, you must have a "Scene" feature that is part of the device. See attached image.
    1. Include your dimmer into HomeSeer.
    2. Create an event trigger based on "A Device's Value"
    3. This is important! Select the "Scene" feature as the device in question
    4. Expand the "Is Set To" option - you will see Scene 001 and Scene 002 with different number of press options etc. - This is how many times you tapped the dimmer paddle
    5. By default for most devices Scene 001 is the top paddle and Scene 002 is the bottom Paddle. If you want to change this you can go into the Z-Wave settings of the device and make adjustments
    6. Finally, I would recommend creating another event that this will trigger that will actually do the action (say turn on a group of lights).

See attached images for reference.

Hope this helps and simplifies using Multi-Tap.
    Attached Files
Working...
X