Worcester-Bosch boiler thermostat CT200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worcester-Bosch boiler thermostat CT200

I've just swapped my "W-B Wave" thermostat for the newer "Easycontrol CT200". It can run a E-trv on each radiator giving me individual room control. I spotted in the CT200 manual that it has Zigbee OK, checking my Conbee2 and nothing showing up. Sent a message to WB support, and they informed me it is for a yet unreleased function. Maybe...

I would guess that it uses a form of Zigbee to communicate with the radiator thermostats. Unfortunately there are various Zigbee protocols which don't necessarily talk to each other. I have a Drayton Wiser system which uses Zigbee to talk to the radiator valves and other units, but isn't visible to Conbee.

Fortunately clever people have worked out how to access the Drayton system through the WiFi connection, so data and control can be done through other applications. Maybe someone will do something similar for the WB system.

Comment

Yes, I had guessed the same, but it's not right. Here is their response:

Connection to local networks is handled by the Wi-Fi components within the EasyControl, with connection to the Smart Radiator Valves (eTRVs) handled by the 868 - 869 MHz RF hardware. The Zigbee components remain as yet unused on the current firmware version of the EasyControl, their inclusion was intended to provide future functionality for the system which has been as yet unused.
      Still sounds interesting though

Comment

The WB CT200 Easycontrol and earlier models are now working in Home Assistant. Well beyond my capabilities, but can anybody add it to Homeseer ?

FWIW: I was in a competition with my supplier at the end of last year to save gas, and this individual room control saved me around 40%. My main issue with the system is that it isn't set up for somebody working a two week cycle, so I had to alter most rooms settings each weekend. Now if that isn't crying out for help from Homeseer, I don't know what is

Comment

Working...
        X