Windows 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 11

Warning... The silabs drivers for the nortek zwave stick DO NOT WORK on windows 11. Neither will Homeseer. Communication error because windows 11 removes this driver.
    I have tried test mode and turning off driver enforcement and it still will not install the drivers.
    Guess we wait until silabs gets off their butts and builds win11 drivers.

Hi Ferret , just to provide a data point for you, Homeseer is working fine for me using Windows 11, with that Zwave stick and a ZNet.

Probably need to uninstall and delete the driver, and then reinstall, at this point. But my installation did not need that, even from the first Dev release of 11.

Comment

Yes, I wouldn't recommend upgrading a working HS installation to W11 as there's really no reason to upgrade to an untested OS at present.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I did notice on silabs faqs that it may be under windows update, optional drivers. But when I installed win11, the drivers were no longer showing and HS was having communication issues. In the process of trying things out. Untested OS? For HS maybe, but win11 is in production and out with new computers now.

Comment

Rupp untested OS?
          HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
          54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
          Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Device USB\VID_10C4&PID_8A2A&MI_01\6&262dd6b8&0&0001 requires further installation.
            It's also showing device driver NULL.
            Really weird. Keep running the cp2010 installer, but doesn't seem to put them in there.
            silabser.inf: Successfully added oem93.inf and installed on 0 device(s)
            kevins669 So what drivers are YOU using???
            Because I just keep going from a working win 10 setup to upgrade to win 11 and the drivers are no longer there and won't install.
            You say you're using Z-net? Doesn't the usb zstick plug into the z-net?
            Then that's running off eth. Not windows usb.

Comment

I have reinstalled the old HS smartstick for now. It does work. But the silab drivers will not install no matter what I try.

Comment

The installation I am using that stick on has a Z-Net downstairs, and the stick in the garage. You are talking about the combo stick, right?

Comment

Yea. The Nortek one with zwave and zigbee. Using the cp210 drivers from silicon labs.
                  Those specific drivers appaently aren't compatible with win 11 because they refuse to install on it. (Latest win11)

Comment

Anyone experiencing this? Anyone got a fix? I even tried installing as legacy and it still won't install. Seems the pid information is wrong or something.

Comment

I had an issue with my computers here updating to Windows 11 from a dual booting Windows 10 / Ubuntu 20.04 configuration.

Not sure if this methodology will will as it deals more with an update to Windows 11 and related driver checks and updates.

Have a read here first:

How to remove appraiserres.dll file to bypass the Windows 11 installation error

Personally here I replaced the appraiserres.dll file but now it looks like you can remove it. If it doesn't work then replace it original. IE: back up the file first.

Personally OK with Windows 11 running on my laptops, tablets and desktop computers. Still prefer running Ubuntu Linux 20.04 over Windows. That is me though.
                      - Pete

Auto mator
                      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Pete Didn't really have issues installing win 11. Just the issues with the nortek drivers not working because they disappeared.
                        I tried reinstalling them, but doesn't show up. I'm going to try to reinstall the drivers after I forced it to remove them.

Comment

Thinking (and well tested it here) that the DLL mentioned above looks at your hardware configuration after Windows 11 has been installed running checks in some sort of service and not just relating to installation.

It is odd here that in the beginning of the Windows 11 updates it installed fine and does updates on one HP tablet of two and one laptop. Then afterwards it would not install and only gave me the choice of a clean Windows 10 or clean Windows 11 installation. (1 HP Microsoft 10 tablets, 4 Lenova Laptops, 1 HP Laptop and one desktop. (all dual booting). I am seeing now for first time some of the applications (Adobe) running are mentioning that I am using older hardware and a windows comes up to agree to run the software with the older hardware which bugs me some. Never saw that before.
                          - Pete

Auto mator
                          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Gave up on windows 11 for the time being until Silicon labs decides to put out a windows 11 driver that will actually install.
                            I tried reinstalling and the only thing I see is the zwave and zigbee lighting up in dev manager saying it doesn't have a driver installed.

Comment

Pete Also, I like Ubuntu as well. But from what I understand, there's more features in HS on windows than linux.

Comment

Working...
                              X